GFXVoid Rules and Regulations
This is a brief explanation of the rules and regulations that are enforced here at the void. It is a good idea to become familiar with these rules, and understand them. Violations of certain rules may result in an immediate permanent ban from our site, while others may result in a warning. In either case, it is your responsibility to be fully aware of the rules, and avoid breaking them at all times.
- Respect all members and treat them as you would wish to be treated yourself. Respect comes in all forms and fashions and should be applied in everything that you do. When critiquing a piece, apply proper respects to the original author regardless of your opinion of the piece. Respect the administration and the staff that governs the forums. Observing this rule with an open mind will keep you, and others out of trouble. It's also a good thing to be sure you're not using excessive vulgarism. Foul language is universal, but it should not be your only form of communication.
- Don't rip. In other words, don't post work that you yourself did not create. If a particular piece was a collaboration, give proper credit to the author(s) who helped with the piece. If your piece includes an element that is known to be copyrighted or may include restrictions in regards to usage, include the author's credits, to include a website or an email in which the author can be reached to verify the validity of the credit. If you're still not sure, consult the FAQ made by one of our members, Nutter, here.
- Reporting a rip. Reporting any rips should be done in private. This may be in the form of either a PM to a member of staff or or by clicking on the report button at the top right of the infringing post. We as Staff will only accept these forms of notification due to the fragile nature of accusing someone of theft, and all members have the right to be innocent until proven guilty. We also have the right to request any PSDs and resources from the accused member to clarify if they have indeed ripped.
Note: If we do contact any member about the credibility of their art piece we will take action depending on how the situation unfolds.
- Don't troll. If you don't understand this term, a loose translation could be, "to make posts that would incite hostile situations or be perceived as an attempt to cause conflicts to arise". If you feel the need to post something that may be interpreted as offensive or disrespectful in some way, then don't post it. A general rule of thumb would be to think before you make posts. This includes harassing other members of the community, staff, and administration. It all goes back to the rule on respect. That being said, trolling would be a violation of not one, but two rules.
- Leave taboo topics at the door. This is a graphics community that has many outlets of discussion. There are many topics that can be discussed, but there are several which should be avoided. Those are religion, sexual orientation-based, nationality debates, and any other topic that could possibly turn into a flame-war. We don't want to have to deal with topics that will undoubtedly cause trouble, so take it elsewhere.
- Critique properly. The concept of critique is based entirely around the word "constructive", hence "constructive criticism". Constructive criticism should be aimed at the piece, not at the user. Exercise your level of understanding and give feedback. If your critique happens to include some negative things, be sure to provide ways for the creator to fix those downfalls, or maybe even give alternative methods to get the same outcome. You should avoid giving critique that doesn't offer help to the author. If you don't know enough about the subject-matter but want to offer critique, then say so. Offering your opinion is a given right, but it should be done with tact.
- No Warez. GFXVoid holds a no tolerance policy on anything considered to be warez. The practice and solicitation of illegal software is a hefty offense and is not one the administration wishes to be charged with. With that being said, anything that relates to warez (including direct links to illegal copies of software, links to sites that contain illegal copies of software, and anything that could be related to warez, torrents or otherwise included) will be removed immediately. The person responsible for the material will then be at the mercy of the moderation team. The discussion of warez is also prohibited and is privy to the same consequences as mentioned above.
- No Advertisements. Advertising on our forums can be done in one place and one place only. You can find the advertising forum at the bottom of the site and within that forum there are several rules that must be followed. If you are interested in using the advertising forum, we suggest you take into consideration the rules mentioned and follow them accordingly. Advertising of any nature found in another section of the forums will not be moved. It will be deleted.
- Lastly, do not post links to pornographic material. This is a family oriented community with users young and old. Pornography has no place in a graphics community, and will be removed immediately. If you have a piece that contains nudity, and you're not sure if it could be seen as pornography, consult a staff member.
GFXVoid offers a multitude of events and activities that should make any user feel welcome. We offer group oriented contests, as well as individual-based battles that offer a chance for artists and designers to learn and hone their craft. If you have questions, feel free to ask them, but be sure to put them in the right spot. If you are unsure of where a particular topic should go, look for a moderator or a super moderator for assistance.