> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stupid WiFi

My WiFi router keeps on messing up and not connecting to my wireless pci card. It will stay connected and for no reason at all just cut off.... it hasn&#39;t connected in about 24 hours... its pretty gay. the light won&#39;t even blink on the router for the wifi connection. *sigh* <_<

maybe the signal if blocked by something? im using wifi real cool XD
    DONT talk if you have NOTHING good to say.

i know sometimes the intereference is caused by my cordless phone because it operates at 2.4 ghz as well, but there wasn&#39;t any electrical device that would cause interference at all that was turned on. i got angered and just shut down my computer last night and turned it on this morning and now the wifi is working so i dont know what the problem was.

Buggy firmware maybe?

If someone could tell me, that would be great.

It most likely isn&#39;t configured right and you will have to call someone out to fix it and talk on the phone for hours with tech support until you get the problem fixed.

Also this used to happen to me just unlug the wifi and plug it back in. Temp fix s you will eventually have to call out someone.

im not gonna call out anybody just because of this gay wireless router, but i have dont alot of unplugging and resetting, too much configuration. i dont know what i have to do to get it working right. its working good right now though for some odd reason, "very good connection".

i dont think phone or anything will have effect on it although i think the router will affect the phone or a radio or something
    DONT talk if you have NOTHING good to say.

try switching channels. You can get alot of interference from alot of different places. Sometimes it&#39;s even as simple as having a door open or closed.
    Resident father figure.

yeah i&#39;ve already gone through all channels several times, it set on channel 5 be default, so i gradually moved it up to #10 and then backwards towards #1 it seems to be working best on channel 1. and yes a cordless phone can intefere with the signal and the wireless signal will mess up the phone as well if they are both operating on a relatively same frequency. i&#39;ve been trying for ages to change the channel on the cordless phone, but it wont let me.

buy a new one :P