» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

As unbiased opinions as humanly possible, Do you think parents should be worried about there childeren and any of the afforementioned? I guess just your opinion on each and there effect in todays society.

I put this in clashing opinions because I know alot of people who don't worry about any of it, and alot of parents moreso that do.

my parents worry about all of the above except cars, they know that i'd be responsible with my car...but not with my g/f...SHABAM! lol

im 21 so really my parents dont really have a lot of insight into my life. but back in the day they worried about all of the above.

i dont think theres a need to stress any of it, just educate the kids and there shouldnt be a problem.

I personally think we should abandon the intense parental role in a parent's life, but I never really get far with this idea because I can't think of another way to do it off-hand short of government control, and today everybody seems to be against dictatorships for some reason.

rofl this sounded like The Getway's add in gameinformer lmao

"Sex! Drugs! Murder! Just what the doctor ordered!"
    Creator of the GFXvoid Header......................................Retired GFXvoid Staff.
    Currently: Never Here

The sex they don't have to worry about as much...my parents STILL won't let me have girls over without them being home, even if there's other guys here. Idk what their problem is...i probably wouldnt make out with some girl on my bed if there were other guys in the room. Oh what the hell i don't care if ther e were other people in the room...i'm friends with a lot of girls i'd probably kill for a chance to make out with LOL. The drugs...idk. Alcohol..hmm...France has an interesting approach to that. I'm pretty sure there's no drinking age, or there is one but it's really low, and kids sometimes have a glass of wine with dinner. That way, there isn't the whole "i'll underage drink because it makes me cool cuz it's illegal" factor. So i dont know, i think my values i've gotten indirectly, my parents are good people and i don't hate them...they're far from my best friends but they're good people..and i've inherited good values.

Originally posted by Xtremerunnerars@17 Hours Ago
    So i dont know, i think my values i've gotten indirectly, my parents are good people and i don't hate them...they're far from my best friends but they're good people..and i've inherited good values.
    [snapback]91790[/snapback]
    That's another issues... values are different between people and cultures. I consider my parents' values to be silly, primitive, and for the most part pathetic. I do know some parents however, that are setting very bad examples for their children. A really close friend of mine has a father who drinks, smokes cigaretts and cigars, and supposedly smokes pot. If it wasn't for her boyfriend, I think that she, at 17, would be enguled in that filth as well.

People are different, you can't say that underage sex is wrong, that drinking is evil, or that not doing any of the above makes you a wuss. People believe many different things, and what I think shows a quality person is how they hold up to their morals. I know somebody who smokes, drinks, and does drugs, and she claims that she hates doing all that but isn't able to resist. I have absolutely no respect for her. On the other hand, there are people who both do and don't do drugs, people who sleep around and who are virgins, who I have the upmost respect for because they stand firmly by their morales.

Should parents be involved in childrens' lives? No, if my parents had control over me I'd be a pathetic little Christian fuck.

I think parents should allow their kids to do what they want to do (safely as possible). Kids grow out of phases, and restrictive parents won't stop kids from doing what they want to do.

I think it'd be better for a parent to allow it while staying safe.

Yea they probaly should worry about all of it 'cause if I didnt have to worry about my parents kicking me out if I got caught with drugs, Id be f--ked up everyday. Same with the other things too Im sure. Coke addictions, 50 different cases of STDs, street racing/accidents, and drunken rages.. might not think so now, but you'll defintly be glad your parents did sumthin later on.

meh... i like drugs ( weed only ) alcohol sucks, tobacco sucks, cars suck, most thigns suck ... my 1.5 cents anyways :lol:
    deaz\dxloa\dxedr