» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Am I the only person who gets incredibly irritated by posts that have titles such as:

:'(

XD
    Pls Look

Or half finished sentences, such as:

What do..
    How cool..

And titles that are filled with misspellings, or chat speak. I'm not targeting anyone in particular, it's just something I've noticed it a lot around here lately. I have to wonder, if people can't be bothered to give their thread a relevant, or even coherent title, why they bother posting it at all. Am I the only one who gets really ratty by posts like that?

I've done a few of the .. ones, but i make sure there is something interesting in the thread that doesn't make the person go "why the hell is this topic so misleading". And yeah, the misspellings are starting to piss me off. I know some members don't have english as their native tongue, btu for those of us that do...don't fuck things up more than they already are. I mean..COME ON. If you're old enough to be a member here, use somewhat proper english.

Oh yeah thats kinda annoying, Especially the digital art section. People should just name their piece, set that as the title, and then some description. But now... Well go take a look at it.

I dont have english as my native tongue, but ive lately tried to keep the titles and such somewhat proper.
    And my english has improved alot since the time i joined.

I find the culprits tend to be more those who do have english as their native tongue. The majority of people I know who don't speak english first language try extra hard to get things right. It's just plain laziness.

As for .. posts, if nothing else, why can't people use the topic description to finish the title? You're still getting people's attention, but then they can see what it's about without opening it up and getting annoyed because to them it's irrelevant, and a waste of time.

I hate the topic's with those 'Have you...' titles..

As for posts, it doesn't really matter much as long as at least half the words are spelt right!

What i hate is when people use leet speak. Freakin gay. Jeez people, we don't find you more impressive or "cool" because you can substitute numbers for letters and spell terribly. Good lord people .
    If you want help...
    Screw you
    If you make sigs...
    Screw you

I also agree with catalyst...and i did'nt mean to sound like ppl who don't speak english as a first language were the culprits, sry if i did. I've only made two ... topics and those were in random musings, but i used the topic description to help.

It's ok, I didn't misinterpret your post, I was merely stating things how I see them, not in response to anything you said.

stfu n00bs, 1337 5P34K 0WNZ J00.

anyway, i do it, and im not that good at spelling, its been an issue of mine for my entire life.

but sometimes i name my threads to spark interest.

Gah, i hate leet speak. It sucks. Seriously, what are you trying to prove? I do it when joking around sometimes, but it's just stupid.
    If you want help...
    Screw you
    If you make sigs...
    Screw you