» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This effect can be used for anything...wallpapers, sigs, whatever.

Create a new file, any size will do. FILTER>>RENDER>>CLOUDS. Then FILTER>>STYLIZE>>WIND. Stagger, from the left. Then FILTER>>DISTORT>>RIPPLE, amount 999. Then finallys, FILTER>>DISTORT>>TWIRL, -223. Easy enough.

Next, bring up Color Balance (ctrl+b, IMAGE>>ADJUST>>COLOR BALANCE) 0, 20, 100. Duplicate the layer. Color balance again, 0, 40, 100.

I know you're wondering what this blue and evil vortexes have in connection, but it all falls in place. Later.

anyways, you've got this funky looking twirl. Duplicate the layer again, and the FILTER>>ARTISTIC>>PAINT DAUBS. Default all the way!! Change the mode to DIFFERENCE.

I told ya blue would help later, didn't I??

And then FILTER>>STYLIZE>>WIND, wind, from the left.

To add life to the pic, merge both layers, then duplicate them. Change the blending mode to screen. Merge again.

Repeat this once more. Here's my result:

Looks cool, eh??

GJ
    that's very nice!
    :P

i like that and its an easy 2 follow tut g/j man

Originally posted by HolyStar@Yesterday, 10:14 AM
    Looks cool, eh??
    [snapback]91576[/snapback]
    actually.. no it doesnt... this has been made too many times and they all look like horrible filter whored effects and thats all they are... no skill no nothing... personally i think new tutorials like this one should just be deleted... theres no real point of them... theres like 30 of there alone on the forums... an they dont even deserve to be here... anyway... make some different tutorials...
    Creator of the GFXvoid Header......................................Retired GFXvoid Staff.
    Currently: Never Here

I just landed on Mars , finaly , back home !

Dude ,relax it's just a newbie , and this is pretty good to start with. Great job

Yeah, it looks like an only filter tut. OW SHIT, IT IS.

BUT I also started like this. Good job man. IF you stay here for a long time you will become an big ARTIST

Originally posted by NxtDay@4 Days Ago
    actually.. no it doesnt... this has been made too many times and they all look like horrible filter whored effects and thats all they are... no skill no nothing...* personally i think new tutorials like this one should just be deleted... theres no real point of them... theres like 30 of there alone on the forums... an they dont even deserve to be here... anyway... make some different tutorials...
    [snapback]92169[/snapback]
    Are you serioulsy that much of an ass in everyday life? God nothing like a "photoshop God" such as yourself smaking down people who are proud of what they did. I personally think it is cool looking and I love how it seems like some of the colors blink in and out like it is animated.

So as my first post I will say I really enjoyed that tutorial and it is nice to have easy ones to do when you are trying to start off.

And to you NxtDay.... Grow up is the only thing that comes to mind.

I agree, it's a good tut. Many people can learn from this.

Originally posted by PhotoChopNewb@3 Days Ago
    Are you serioulsy that much of an ass in everyday life?* God nothing like a "photoshop God" such as yourself smaking down people who are proud of what they did.* I personally think it is cool looking and I love how it seems like some of the colors blink in and out like it is animated.*

So as my first post I will say I really enjoyed that tutorial and it is nice to have easy ones to do when you are trying to start off.*

And to you NxtDay.... Grow up is the only thing that comes to mind.
    [snapback]95125[/snapback]
    Actually i agree with him

Although i have nothing against filters, sometimes you can get sick of yucky looking mega filterwhored twirls

In the showcase arena, noone really likes these sort of things, but people hardly every say tutorials are bad in the tutorial section, even if the result looks like crap

Sorry holystar, but this doesnt looks very good

Nice tut bro... we can folow it easily!