> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anime

I love anime...i don't know what draws me to it either. I watch different kinds..here's a list of what i've seen:

4 Bleach 88
    147 Dragonball Z 3234
    26 Trigun 572
    26 Cowboy Bebop 572
    13 Hellsing 286
    5 Evangelion 110
    8 FMA 176
    13 GITS SAC 286
    55 Inuyasha 1210
    150 Prince of tennis 3300
    72 Rurouni kenshin 1584
    97 Yu yu hakusho 2134
    11 Wolf’s rain 242
    2 Witch hunter robin 44
    46 Dragonball 1012

^ The right column is how many eps i've seen...those are VERY accurate, the middle is the anime (obviously), and the right is how many minutes i've spent watching that anime (for minutes i took 22 as the average length..some of those shows have an average actual length of 24-25, but for my purposes 22 was the easiest) I've seen most of those episodes several times, especially dragonball, DBZ, fma. A lot of that has been watched either on DVD or television...except for rurouni kenshin and prince of tennis, which i got via torrent...but some of rurouni kenshin i did see on adult swim and toonami, etc.

Now for anime MOVIES:

Akira
    Evangelion
    Samura X
    Cowboy Bebop: The movie

I don't have a huge smile on my face or anythign when i watch anime, i don't get that weird fuzzy feeling some ppl get from love, idk what it is that draws me to it. I hate the criticism i get such as "grow up..you're 14 and too old to be watching japanese cartoons" from my family...but fuck them, i don't study at all and i'm smarter than they'll ever be, i'm a normal kid that spends a lot of time on the computer...i hang out with friends and flirt with girls...hell i've made out a few times. Just goes to show you not all anime fans are geeks. Anyways...maybe calculate how much of your life you're spent ENJOYING anime!

oh..and i didn't include yugioh, pokemon, and digimon..cuz that sure is a hell of a lot more time to add on lol.

eh well i like the stylistic aspect of anime and nothing more... the storylines are crap (other then xenosaga and final fantasy) and are mostly pointless to enjoy... but it looks amazing when you get into the 3d aspects and cg styles
    Creator of the GFXvoid Header......................................Retired GFXvoid Staff.
    Currently: Never Here

Yeah, i have yet to see appleseed but the technology behind the animation is astounding....And not all storylines are crap...some are but those are the anime not worth watching. All of the anime in my list have excellent to fairly decent story lines...some of the longer ones have the occasional fillers, but all of the action is fantastic!

If someone could tell me, that would be great.

Dude you want to see technology check out the Ghost in the shell series. Same technique as appleseed, which i have also yet to see. And most anime is crap. Luckily for us programs like adultswim actually show us some good stuff everynow and then. Check out one of their new ones Samurai Champloo, which is really friggin tight. I would say that i spend as much time as possible watching anime. To bad the dvd's are so expensive.

Favorite Movies:
    Legend of Lemur
    Akira
    X
    Cowboy Bebop: The Movie

Favorite Series:
    FLCL
    X
    Cowboy Bebop
    Samurai Champloo
    Evangelion
    S-Cry-Ed
    Blue Gender

Favorite Manga:
    Evangelion
    X
    Hellsing

Im Japanese and if I say I dont like anime, I would probably be rotting in hell right now. As for the anime series i like/liked most

Shows:
    Naruto
    Rurouni Kenshin
    Peacemaker Kurogane
    Eureka Seven
    DBZ
    Oi Ryoma
    Shaman King
    Full Metal Alchemist
    Samurai Champloo

there are soo many shows that appeal to me, but the only that i have seriously been into is cowboy bebop. the artistic nature of it and the storyline of it are just so good. but not to say that i haven't watched others. wish i could name them all but i'd rather not bore you.

what draws me to it...

nothing i hate anime and i think its totally retarded and gay and fugly and stupid and weird.

lol dont be offended :lol:

I'm not really a fan of Anime, but I'll watch it on G4 every once and a while

Gungrave, Read or Die, Full Metal Alchemist

and hentai :lol:

Anime is cool, I watched alot of anime over the past 4 years. I'm growing out of it though.
    It's MORPHIN' time!
    github
    deviantART
    Last.FM
    carrotderek

I like some anime since it has more detail and is more action packed then the 'Danny Phantom' or some fighting crap. For funny shows, I usually like regular american shows like Family guy, and Grim adventures of billy and mandy, spongebob, jimmy neutron..

Also one reason I wanna draw anime is since Im half japanese my friends bug me to draw it...and I cant!

Another reason is I just want to draw it; feels great to work on a cartoon with so much detail.