» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Thread: pur3|Ps

Ive started a new series of signatures, I create them using only the default fonts, brushes shapes filters etc... I did this because i dont really like the repetitive signatures with the same Downloaded brushes and stock photos/renders that everyone is creating atm.

C&C very welcome

your reasoning seems kind of ironic because the reason people download brushpacks in the first place is because they get sick of the "repetitive" signatures with the same filters, brushes, etc. that came with PS. anyways, i think the sig would look better with just the lines and none of that blue cloudy stuff.

well i just thought it would be a good challenge.

Nah B][g, i'm sorry but that's wrong. People rarely ever try to do things with default brushes. Though i suggest to stay away from filters, that is what people get sick of. But bigk, that's wrong, people download brushes cuz they are lazy and want to be able to click 3 times and get a signature.

The sig is OK, but try doing just brushes, and try some other stuff, not very interesting.
    If you want help...
    Screw you
    If you make sigs...
    Screw you

I think it is a creative idea to challenge yourself with that. Even though people use brushes, etc. because they are sick of the filters and whatnot, it's nice to try a different approach every once in awhile.

I like how the black lines add some depth to the sig. I'm not a big fan of the blue horizontal stripes, maybe try different designs/textures? Overall, it looks nice for default photoshop options. Keep working on it.

thanx for the input guys ill take that in mind for the next one.

i only used the render>clouds filter in this one, ill try using more brushing in the next ones.

if you can use the filter in an interesting and creative way, and mask them to make it look like something thats not just filtered, then yeah i dont have a problem at all. but when you can blatently tell what filteres were used, then you can tell that the artist is either inexperienced with photoshop, or they're just not trying. about the sig its self, the pure|ps seems out of place, kind of off sets the ballence of the img. youve got your name on the bottom right, and pure|ps in the middle, but nothing on the left. try doing it with different colours.

yea after uploading it and posting it i noticed that the pure | ps didnt really fit the image , but i can learn from my mistakes.