No Members online

» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Made using my first 3d render ever (woot). I used this tutorial: http://forums.gfxvoid.com/t-3427.htm

This is my first time trying to incorporate this type of render into a sig, so I made 4 versions:

No brushing.

No brushing. Duplicated render, applied 3px gaussian blur, changed blending to soft light, and merged the two layers.

Brushing layer set on overlay with 100% opacity.

Brushing layer set on normal 50% opacity.

C&C please. Which version is better? Is there something else I should have tried? Do I need to fix anything else?

2ed ones the best.

i say it looks good but the text is just kinda slaped on as if its needed. why not just showcase the render and put like RB or sumthing as small as possible on it, just an idea

annyway it looks cool like kinda underwater. i would current. goodjob

Great outcomes! I think the first one is the best. A few things that could improve the outcome would be to make the spikey thing see-thru and add some reflection to it.

Good site for tutorials is:

http://www.pixel2life.com/tutorials/Cinema_4D/All/

They might have it!

Originally posted by MaDD+25 Minutes Ago--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MaDD &#064; 25 Minutes Ago)</div>
    2ed ones the best.

i say it looks good but the text is just kinda slaped on as* if its needed. why not just showcase the render and put like RB or sumthing as small as possible on it, just an idea

annyway it looks cool like kinda underwater. i would current. goodjob
    [snapback]95370[/snapback]
    [/b]
    Thanks, yeah I&#39;ll eventually be showcasing larger renders but right now they just don&#39;t look very good without a lot of post-work in photoshop. I don&#39;t know if I&#39;m gonna change my current anytime soon, there&#39;s a reason why it&#39;s there B)

And yeah, the text was just kinda slapped on, I&#39;ll have to work on that.

<!--QuoteBegin-randyrandy
    @23 Minutes Ago
    Great outcomes&#33; I think the first one is the best. A few things that could improve the outcome would be to make the spikey thing see-thru and add some reflection to it.

Good site for tutorials is:

They might have it&#33;
    [snapback]95371[/snapback]
    Thanks man, I&#39;ll check that site out soon. I need some pretty basic tutoorials though, I was only able to do this one because it showed you how to do everything

The second one looks cool man&#33; Something I like to do is duplicate the layer, Gaussian blur at 2 px, and set to overlay or soft light. Then merge them.

Originally posted by Freak@12 Minutes Ago
    The second one looks cool man&#33;* Something I like to do is duplicate the layer, Gaussian blur at 2 px, and set to overlay or soft light.* Then merge them.
    [snapback]95388[/snapback]
    Did it, it&#39;s up there. It didn&#39;t really change much, just seemed to deepen and broaden the colors a little.

I like first best. very nice blaze

Why should I tell you, for all I know you could be some pedifile..

i use to be a admin at p2l forums until fakken decided to ban me lol... but nice render