» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Thread: Gas Prices

Well, for the people that drive - they can understand how crazy the gas prices are here. In the last half year it seemed to have increased more than a dollar, and with the hurricane crisis - the prices only increased more.

What do you think (if anything) the government can do to help keep the rates low?

Nothing, when your running out of gas, the best thing to do is ride a bike

No really, theres not much the government can do. With the ever-growing shortage of gas, it has become more expensive to buy gas. The stations have to pay more for the gas they get, but they still want to make a profit so they have to raise it.

Katrina resulted in a loss of about 1 million barrels a day.
    It's MORPHIN' time!
    github
    deviantART
    Last.FM
    carrotderek

Yeah, a "street" bike gets 50 mpg. That's alot.

i dont think he was talkin bout a bike that takes gas lol prolly one with pedals. but ya 3.19 right now when it was 2.59 like two days ago is a bit crazy. i dont think that the goverment can do that much because most of the cost comes from the oil companies.

That's what I was thinking but both are good. A street bike gets you there faster.

Stop spending gas money and save up for an electric car.

ride a bike or something.

I rode my bike to school every day last year... I've spent over $200 on maintance on it, and it's broken again right now.

Biking does work, but it's a lot of effort (especially in the summer). My suggestion is public transportation.

I'm gonna be driving soon and jesus christ monkey balls it's gonna be a pain. I live in LA, where one hour in traffic can burn off half a tank of gas in a monstrous 1996 buick painted a hideous pink (It was my sister's car)

wow, it is obviously kids who are saying "ride a bike"!!! Most adults have to drive ATLEAST 5 miles to get to work,(bare minimum) and alot of that trip is in rush hour traffic. Not to mention if you have to take the kids to school. Personally, I think the rising gas prices is crazy, but what are you going to do?!? I mean, if you have bills to pay, then you have to work, and that in most cases means driving to work, so in other words you are forced to pay. Hopefully they'll go down soon.