No Members online

» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

View Poll Results: Is Skateboarding a Sport?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

6 18.75%
  • Yes

26 81.25%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Is Skateboarding a Sport?

Skateboarding is not a sport, its a hobby if anything. It requires no physical endurance at all, and I think thats what determines a sport. Not how well you can dance on a skateboard.

WHAT NOW SKATEBOARDERS?!?!

Heh my ass, have you ever skated for a few hours in the sun? It does too take endurance man. And it takes alot of practice to get the tricks down. It IS a sport

Edit:not trying to be a dick but it is a sport

i agree taco... but even tho it takes some out of you its like... sky diving... endurance wise and i dont think thats a sport
    Creator of the GFXvoid Header......................................Retired GFXvoid Staff.
    Currently: Never Here

Im not really sure about this. If you say you need Physical Endurance to play a sport, your mistaken. Think about the sports that are rarely mentioned (aka non popular sports) that dont need Endurance. Such as... maybe... Bowling (IDK) or Curling(even more random), but I think you see my point...

Why should I tell you, for all I know you could be some pedifile..

i am a skateboarder, and i belive it is, because skate boarding requires skill, and u need mucile, and + is bmx a sport? is snow boarding a sport? is swimming a sport? those are all sports not a hobby, now ive been skating for umm 8yrs now, sponcerd and all but i belive its a sport no matter what.

Originally posted by deadloader@A Minute Ago
    skateboarding defies all sense of physics and uses alot of physical and mental attributes to succede such set out tricka to perform which is applied to most other sports and therefore can be considered in the effort made that it is such a sport, but on the other hand tacox is right it's lal one big balancing act which consists of these things... but isn't american football just throwing around a ball but then has a background such as skating does so how can you consider any new sport an actual sport... back way back when killing each other was considered a sport and thousands of people would que up to watch such slughter houses* :lol:
    [snapback]99241[/snapback]
    deaz\dxloa\dxedr

i consider it more of a sport then sincrinized (spelling?) swimming, and thats still in the bloody olympics.

it goes outside the box in the rules of conventional sports, it twists them and blends them to its will.

No

its a way of life.

Yes, skateboarding is a sport. If golf is a sport, then skateboarding is most certainly a sport.
    Resident father figure.

right if u dont think skateboarding is physically enduring why do you not see FAT PRO SKATERS IN THE WORLD! LOL i used to skate for like 6 hours a day and i was fit as hell, skateboarding is more physically enduring than most sports in my eyes, you might think its just pushing around and jumping but there is a lot more to it than that, try doing 20 kickflips in a row or ollie up 20 sets of steps, i bet you'll be tired and your opinion would change. remember everytime you jump or do a trick or anything on a skateboard, your carrying your own body weight as well as the boards, not like most sports.

also if it wasnt physically enduring why when they have comps are they only 3 min runs, any longer than that and you dont have the energy to skate at your full potential. im sure youve all seen the XGames or something alike, and im sure you all see that when they finish there run they have buckets of sweat all over em. :lol: