> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Parents

When you were entering high school...specifically the last week or so of summer leading up to your freshman year, did your parents try to take some more control over your life?

I've noticed in my keylogger my parents check my history, takl to my friends, read my emails. They're trying to get me to reveal my personal life, and just spend more time with me in general.

I'm one for being a part of the family..but not as much as they want me to be or wish i was. They dont seem to accept how opinionated i am on subjects such as religion, drugs, or sex.

Was the above true for you guys and is it true for those of you my age?

well highschool is different for us ..... i think what we call highschool is what you call middle school or something because we start highschool at 11 years old and goes on until we&#39;re 16.. and yes they have tried to take control of me more, they expect more of me and try to overall control my life where as i don&#39;t want them to and they also don&#39;t see my points of view in arguements.. they tend to ignore my views and go with what they think is best for me <_<
    deaz\dxloa\dxedr

My parents don&#39;t care, they&#39;re not smart enough to mess with my computer.

lolz thx god for my parents, they know that im responsible, so theyre respecting my privacy and i respect them so i can come home whenever i want just if i write sms i will come at 6 am (f.e.) , and they just "ok" c ya... i love my parents

I don&#39;t really interact with my parents... Hell, they left to Wisconsin for the weekend and they didn&#39;t tell me untill the morning they were leaving (they woke me up too, the fuckers). I only really talk to them if I need something signed, or if my dad&#39;s firewall/router is giving me problems, otherwise I can go days without saying a word to them. It&#39;s kinda nice, but then again I don&#39;t have anybody I can hit up for cash

I bet you don&#39;t even realize that you&#39;re pulling away from your parents in a big way. I didn&#39;t notice it when I was doing it, I thought it was how I always was. Looking back I can see that once I hit highschool I really stopped talking to them and letting them help me and things like that.

So they&#39;re just worried now that you&#39;re pulling away, I&#39;m sure.

No biggie.
    Resident father figure.

like hell would i let them piss around with my comp, i hardly let them even use it, i like to keep to my personal life and my family life apart or it gets arkward. and they respect that

Not really. They really don&#39;t check anything on the computer, they dont really care.

They did, however, threaten to sell the TV and my PS2, if I didn&#39;t keep up with my grades.

Originally posted by SW36@8 Hours Ago
    Not really.* They really don&#39;t check anything on the computer, they dont really care.

They did, however, threaten to sell the TV and my PS2, if I didn&#39;t keep up with my grades.
    [snapback]100214[/snapback]
    my parents wouldn&#39;t selll them but they would take away my pc or television if i didn&#39;t keep up with my grades... but the only thing i do wrong in school is piss about in class too much, like in science/biology i am a clown :lol: supernova knows :P and it&#39;s just coursework which gets me going lower because teachers don&#39;t give me the assignment <_<
    deaz\dxloa\dxedr

well both my parents grew up during the 70s (as most of ours had), and they were both into the rock scene, so they both experimented with drugs. i think the shock would kill them to know that im not a pothead and still a vergin. I maintain a pretty good relationship with my parents, dont really try and butt into my life, and let me be pretty much, kind of good