> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Enchantment

I just thought id post these, duno wether to put on my dA or not, theyre both a bit mesed up, and both took 5-6hrs to render :mellow: so i dont wana redo

both terrains made in world machine with my macro and some other stuff :P

i prefer land in second but atmo in first :P

they're great, except for where the sea disappears into thin air

I think they look good I like the second one the most.
    I have to say that the horizons looks screwed up. in the first picture, it's not straight. It's curved, and on the second one, it doesn't look right either. I don't know if you were trying to make it that way, but it looks like the world ends there, (if the world now were flat). I love the look of the water/sea reflection and motion and look overall, it looks cool. but I'm not as thrilled about the sky, sorry. Seems too red / too strong gradient. and I don't like the clouds terragen makes, but that's not you I think the land/lakes in the first picture has that goodlooking shapes, I think you can do better. Although, I really like the mountain and water on the second. Good job, I think it's awsome, but I've seen better from you, so I hope that you can handle this critique. I'm telling you this couse your other terragen renders are brilliand and spotless , tell me if you don't want critique =) I'm not that keen on terragen though, so maybe my "complains" can't be changed/improved, but I do know that you're able to make perfect landscapes

well yeah, about the sea, i always have truble. the terrain is a sqaure..

_____
    |------|
    |____|

so... if you look at one corner (as in first) you get two lines meeting where it ends, if you lok at side (as in second) you get one line where it ends, in first, i tried to make it curved to make it more like a planet :|

Looks very good, your a terragen guru. Nice job on the sky, like the sharp effect on the water. And the cliffs are very detailed, it r0x0rz.

thanks, and yeah, i do a sharpen after every render, brings out the detail

It looks great, but maybe you could do with putting something on the horizon of the first one? I do like the way the clouds end, it looks like the sky when a front is passing over. Also like the face XD

those are both very sexy. im with everyone else, i would definatly change that horizon, and i dont like the atmosphere in the second one at all, just far too pink for my tasts. very good job on both though, i enjoy them

Originally posted by makibird@3 Hours Ago
    It looks great, but maybe you could do with putting something on the horizon of the first one? I do like the way the clouds end, it looks like the sky when a front is passing over. Also like the face XD
    [snapback]101095[/snapback]

yesh, ishnt it SPIFFEH!

Looks like we have our resident terragen guru. Great job on these, a few transitions could be worked out but the sky is just awe-inspiring.