» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'm currently working on two new maps for StarCraft, both with be "use map settings" and both will be RPGs. I could use some help on both of these, if there are any skilled map-makers here, and could also use a couple people to ask for advice once in awhile (advice on both technical aspects of the game such as triggers, as well as creative aspects of the game such as names)

The map that I have already gotten a ways into (yet to be titled) is a very traditional linear RPG, where you go from area to area, town to town, doing quests and the such. This one I will probably be able to complete myself, given enough time, but I could use some testers who would be willing to enjoy the map, comment and critique on it, and suggest new ideas for it.

The 2nd map will be a completely unique map. It will be losely based off of the Final Fantasy VIII SEED system, where you control a character who is a member of an organization of professional mercienaries. I'm still comptemplating how exactly I will get this to work with StarCraft's very limited set of triggers and switches, and could use some help with that, though I do have an overall idea of what I will try and accomplish.

If you're interested in helping me out, even with just coming up with names for things, either PM me or reply to this thread. You may contact me outside of the forum, though I will most likely not be willing to open up all the programs I need in order to work on the maps or discuss them with you on my own time .

sounds cool, ill help with coming up with more ideas and names, but ive never seen starcraft, nevermind played it, so i duno what its about :P

make warcraft 3 maps :P
    DONT talk if you have NOTHING good to say.

I agree with iceryu, WC3 can make much more in-depth maps, and allows for cinematic camera angles, AND you can put skins you make in there, or even new 3D models.

Regardless, more power to you, the most I was ever to do with SC is make madness maps.

I play SC occaisionally, hit me up on AIM or MSN if you want me to test the maps out.

when the new online enemy territory comes out i'd be interested to see what maps you could make for that it's got uber cool graphics ...

but i've never played starcraft as deep blue has said, is it any good?
    deaz\dxloa\dxedr

Are you talking about the original StarCraft?!?!?! Cool, that is a game that I actually play!

Is there any other MT? And for those of you who haven't played StarCraft... it's a great game. It's old though... I've been playing it for 7 years or so now.

As far as WC3 is concerned.... no. All WarCraft players say that their custom maps are so much better then StarCraft's and I really just don't care. The game's horrible, that's all there is to it.

I might be putting the 2nd RPG off for awhile, because things are hectic right now...

Well, I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion. And for the record I didnt actually came out and say WC3 maps are better, I just stated you could do more with it. :P

Oh yeah, what map editor are you using? There is an altered version of the editor out that allows for more stuff to be added to the maps, and takes away some restrictions the original map maker had (such as placing crystalls too close to the colony center). If your not using that I suggest you do, I'll try and think of what the darned thing was called.

does it have like a monthly subscription and stuff?