» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Thread: God 2.1.9

hmm i'm thinking of giving god an upgrade ...

Microsofa God XP 2.1.9...

Anyone help?
    deaz\dxloa\dxedr

Errr, i don't really get it. actually :huh: :huh: :mellow: :mellow: :unsure: :unsure:

well i'm thinking about making my own internet browser
    :lol: just thought i'd start it weird .... anyone know any good codes, i heard python is easy but i'm not sure .. could i make a java browser? i know java is hard but could it work?
    deaz\dxloa\dxedr

i was gona design an interface for a browser me n a friend were gona make... called Zephyr (copyright us (deep revolution)) ill ask him what he would code in...

yes thank you DB it would be great if you could, thanks
    deaz\dxloa\dxedr

umm... write a browser from scratch?

well for starters, the version to begin with would be 0.0.1, you would work towards 1.0.0 as your first release.

But before you do, you have to ask yourself what platform do you wish to run on, what technologies do you wish to support, which w3c standards are you going to standardise on, and to what level will your support of these standards be.

Then the next question is what model are you going to follow, open source/closed source, free, commercial. and if you choose commercial do you plan to provide it free for non commerical use or do you plan to charge all users who wish to use it.

Next question is what programing languages do you currently know, what level of knowledge will you require before you can begin such a task and which would be the best language to develop based on the answers to the previous questions.

When you have answered all the above, then we can get serious.

Good Luck.

At the moment i'm going to try and learn viper and c++ not sure if that's any help towards what i can use. I would be selling it but it won't cost to use every month or what ever ... that'd be just stupid plus i'm not really after the money although to sell it would be very nice as an extra. Not tosure where to start and that 2.1.9 thing was a little joke :lol:
    deaz\dxloa\dxedr

hmmm viper i'm not familar with. c++ is a good place to start, do you plan to use this for windows or linux? either way have a look at the w3c web site which will tell you about the different standards for web browsers.

There is also a java web browser, which sun did ages back, its incredibly simple, but you can have a gander at the code and it will show you the simple http protocol.

If your going to do it open source, then you could do a branch of any other open source web browser if its a GPL or similar license, but it would be fun to do one from scratch.

Hmm... will have to think about this, may be something i would enjoy doing.

Well i'm going to make it compatible with windows for starting, but it'd would be harder for linux i think? .. if this is the situation i'm going with making a linux version secondary. I'm definately going to have a ponder over W3c i'm in school at the moment ... I'm in GNVQ ICt going to work on flash cheerio
    deaz\dxloa\dxedr