» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This one school in Ohio has 64 pregnant students. Millions of dollars spent to teach abstinence and this is what happens, perhaps teaching abstinence isn’t the answer. Perhaps sex education and easy availability to contraceptives for teens is the answer, I don’t know. What so you think?

Story Here

i don't think that it's how they teach them, it's the ignorance of the students .. it's just silly
    deaz\dxloa\dxedr

not teaching about contrepception, or teaching about sexuality is a crime i think. Specialy in western society where there is a massive exposure to sexuality from all forms of media, mags, tv, movies, advtertising, internet as well as peer presure.

Kids have to be able to understand all about sex, risks and so forth. And they have to be given the means to prevent STD's and unwanted pregnacies. Personaly I support the idea that all schools should provide free condoms.

The problem we have is that america and australia (and england to a certain degree) have these moralistic old christian values dictating censorship in society. but at the same time, tv, movies, advterising is selling sex sex sex. And then we have school boards that avoid teaching sex ed and parents who avoid it all together and dont provide contraception choices. This will obviously lead to experimentation, which will lead to unwanted pregnancies and/or STD's.

You dont find this kind of problem as much in EU as they have a more open approach to sexuality. They dont try and hide it, the body is something to be ashamed of, and thus kids dont need to experiment or be curious as they pretty much well know everything there is to know.

My town was #1 across the nation for teen pregnancy. The average age of pregnancy around here is like 17. it's ridicolous.
    Resident father figure.

Originally posted by MetalSkin@2 Hours Ago
    The problem we have is that america and australia (and england to a certain degree) have these moralistic old christian values dictating censorship in society.* but at the same time, tv, movies, advterising is selling sex sex sex.* And then we have school boards that avoid teaching sex ed and parents who avoid it all together and dont provide contraception* choices.* This will obviously lead to experimentation, which will lead to unwanted pregnancies and/or STD's.

You dont find this kind of problem as much in EU as they have a more open approach to sexuality.* They dont try and hide it, the body is something to be ashamed of, and thus kids dont need to experiment or be curious as they pretty much well know everything there is to know.
    [snapback]109195[/snapback]
    I completely agree with this, and on that note there's not much to say. England and most of it's former colonies have developed a very similar culture in many aspects, and sex is one of those that's very similar. These people are way too uptight, and extremely self-conscious.

I really don't understand why people in this situation don't get abortions, I really don't... There's a pregnant girl sitting next to me in my English class though, so maybe I'll bring it up sometime.

I agree with the majority of the members at GFXVOID.

* uses extreme logic *

Ok i know a girl ( my exgirlfriend ) she got pregnant last year (she's like 14). Obviously everyone will think " oh man she ruined her life to some black kid "( not trying to be racist). Thats the way the public sees it but what about the way she or they see it. Maybe they see it as a privledge. Maybe they see it as a blessing. If they see it as a curse, they are stupid. Because they should have known that something like this would happen from sex. i mean it inevitable. From doing it you hould know the consequences for this action. So there are 60 some pregnant girls. How many think it's good. Probly only a few. The rest are just horny whores with the urge for sex.

Teaching abtnece IMO is a bad thing to do. I think it will make them want to do it more. I think they'd just get more and more curious. And more and more exicted. It'd be like putting a normal dude like me in a locked room with many horny naked chicks. YOu cant resist.

* extreme logic hurt my brain *

Just use common sense, thats what I think of it. If your activly going to have sex without condoms, you're going to have a baby. It's common knowledge.

Those girls will have to live with that mistake, or get an abortion. I select option 2.

In my highschool, ive seen atleast 20 girls pregnant, and about another 20 with babies. It sucks when they bring their babies to class.

I dont see anything wrong, if they wanna have sex, they should be ready to have a baby then. Condoms, and birth control should always be free (here it is). But they aren't 100% secure. =/

there hasn't been any pregnancies in our school or them bringing their babies to school i don't think our school has many sluts in it haha
    deaz\dxloa\dxedr