I dont want the technachal, just the "how do i use them" sort of thing

---
    Also:
    Are widgets free?

Id never be able to use them if they arent

Thanks,
    Kate

have you got konfabulator, if not thats needed first
    if you have right click on the quick launch bar icon for it and click get more widgets then you can browsed them all, they are free aswell.

they are just little animations that go on ur desktop and when you click them they make noises or do something, for example i have chewie on my desktop and then i click him he makes his funky noise :lol:

hope that helps

"I find that on the internet, everyone is very tough in an anonymous, pussy kind of way" - Josh Homme

Originally posted by Spikee@2 Hours Ago
    have you got konfabulator, if not thats needed first
    if you have right click on the quick launch bar icon for it and click get more widgets then you can browsed them all, they are free aswell.

they are just little animations that go on ur desktop and when you click them they make noises or do something, for example i have chewie on my desktop and then i click him he makes his funky noise :lol:*

hope that helps
    [snapback]120139[/snapback]
    thanks, widgets seem pretty easy to use

Widgets are little peieces of code, that allow skinning programs to make small, and fun apllications.

Most popular of widgets are: Calenders, Music Player Skins, Time and Date, Links to certain parts of you computer, and various other things that make you system look cool.

I personally don't use widgets or skinning programs, beacuse it wears down System stability, and System resources.

Here's some examples of Widgets. (for konfbulator)

http://www.widgetgallery.com/

Wikipedia Explaination:

n computing, widgets are components of graphical user interfaces (GUI) that the user interacts with, and also small helper-type applications. See widget (computing) and widget toolkit.

* wxWidgets (formerly known as wxWindows) is an open source, cross-platform widget toolkit.

* A web gadget. Usually simple and practical.

* Apple Computer's Mac OS X v10.4 (Tiger) operating system brings users the Dashboard, a transparent cover that can be activated in several ways. The Dashboard displays mini applications, or Widgets. Widgets can be created by anyone with some graphic and HTML skills, and a Widget is defined as a mini-application that generally does one job well; in many cases, that job is to give instant access to a resource on the Internet. See widget (computing).

* Kapsules, a free project for Microsoft Windows that first aimed to replicate the above Mac OS X v10.4 functionality, and is now compatible with many scripting languages

Yes they are free. They are easy to use, and are fun to use. You can use Konfbulator.

Yea, bfg pretty much covered it

I don't use widgets, I had them but I did not use them ONCE, so I ditched them because they tax on system resources.