» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

I would like to see a huge wall built along the U.S. border to keep illegal aliens from Mexico and other South American countries from crossing the border and entering this country unlawfully.

I think that this would be a great step in enforcing the safety of this country and in conjunction with the border patrol would be a great advantage in the war on terror and stem the flow of illegal drugs into this country.

What's your thoughts on this?

Though I don't like the US, this would be an ideal institution for any nation in this situation. I don't know how practicle or effective a huge wall would be, but I think the US does need to definately tighten it's borders.

Well then you would have to build a wall along the Canadian border too.. the illegal drugs could just be flown to Canada, and then have access through. Thats sort of the case with Cuban cigars

Think of it diplomatically, what is Mexico going to think, when the US starts to build a wall at their border? It is a gesture of distrust and is offending to the nation. This may escalate even to more dire consequences.

Also the problems of building a 3000km+ long wall along the Mexican-US border will be very costly

It's MORPHIN' time!
    github
    deviantART
    Last.FM
    carrotderek

Hell yeah man, build a wall! Real-life Defend your Castle....w00t i'd work for less than illegal immigrants do if i could play it.

Seriously though, it's just a question of how fast we get out of iraq cuz we spend about 6 billion dollars a month.

Would this wall be longer than China's Great Wall? (and i know it's not one big wall, it's a bunch of them) What would we call it? The Uber Wall?

omg i was just thinking this as well... well actually about 7 hours ago as i woke up.. wait make that 8 hours haha...

i think they should make a wall around the border and make archways at roads or intersections... and keep a stronger guard on border towns... its not really doable because of the costs and such... but i suppose its possible.. but as always it would take time, which we really dont have, since illegal crossings are at there highest now..
    Creator of the GFXvoid Header......................................Retired GFXvoid Staff.
    Currently: Never Here

We watched a video one time in spanish, and it was some mexicans (not the derogatory slang term, these people were BORN in mexico.) They made a pretty good point in saying that the term alien isn't really applicable to them, as at one point some of them WERE on the land. If you didn't know, America won pretty much our entire southwest when we routed their sorry asses in the Mexican-American War. They were forced out, and came back. Alien is usually defined as something coming to a place it has NEVER been before.

So idk, there's both sides to the coin. I do think there should be a stronger border. Also, this brings up another issue, why the FUCK is our government prosecuting baseball players and leagues when there are jobs being lost. Their jobs (baseball players) are extremely secure, but people are losing their hard-earned money to someone from a foreign country, illegally (by our laws) immigrating who will work for half the money.

no offence, i think we should build a wall to stop people getting out and contaminating other countries with dimwitted assholes (not aimed at all U.S citizens just mainly politicians and what not)
    deaz\dxloa\dxedr

i live in texas, and i will say, there are more mexicans here than any other race of people, and im not even close to the border, im about 12 hours away from it (driving)

but i dont know about a wall, a little inhumane almost, and the fact that it would prolly never happen and that it would escalade to something with mexico im sure.

i live in texas as well and i know well what the consiquences were... but the border towns are way too lawless to let develop further..
    Creator of the GFXvoid Header......................................Retired GFXvoid Staff.
    Currently: Never Here

I live in southern california.... I walked into a taco shop on sunday morning... ordered a taco and ate it before I realized I was the only white person in the place.... not to mention I hate all teh illegals that hope the border have an anchor baby and sign up for welfare so that hard-working americans pay for their lazy asses....

If everyone cared and nobody cried...
    If everyone loved and nobody lied...
    If everyone shared and swallowed their pride...
    Then we'd see the day that nobody died...
    noobdesign.net ftw