Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taste Of Choice

i dunno why, but i really like this, gj

Originally posted by Umbee@8 Hours Ago

[snapback]132404[/snapback]
    That has the potential to be a really great sig, the placement of the character is nicely done and the color matching adds good balance thru out, with the bg, the render and the foreground, you've brought it together very well so far but I get the feeling it's a work in progress and the text seems like a last minute decision - which happens, we all do it, but you need to reconsider that.
    But I have a few things to suggest and comment on. Maybe I'm wrong and that's an excellent piece of blending but I think you've been selective in only cutting away the right side of the original render to save you the time in having to cut around the whole lot, I do it too, but it has left you with a slight problem: the shadow and darker areas. Over the shoulder and just under that BFG there's still a dark-bright area and its now missing on the right for it's reference (ie the render's left shoulder) so it doesn't look right anymore, the light source is coming from the top left, so maybe burn a little shadow back into it on that side ; or if she's not standing in front of anything to drop a shadow onto, then that area needs to be darkened - you can see a slight line of highlight going over the shoulder-pad which is like, light bouncing back from something behind which is grey and should have a tint of 'red' to match whats there now.
    The lighting from the original is also interfering with the 'flames' you placed in the foreground - its the grey wall making it look odd and it took me a few seconds to work out what was what with the grey showing thru, bc I wasn't sure if it was supposed to be in front or behind, there's also a line that comes from those 'flames' which is too straight almost appears like a distorted arrow if that makes any sense, either cut that away or adjust it to look more random, more like flames or try something else but the red works well, so good choice.
    Maybe put the wall all back in again but this time blur it all, so it gives you some sense of better depth and will help distinguish with the foreground 'flames' (I'm calling it flames bc I dont know what else to call it). Anyway, either cut the wall out completely or leave it in there completely I think would work best.
    Don't worry so much about trying to fit the whole gun in, we know what it is and I think its just taking up some space where you could fit the text in better. If you moved the render to the right and those flames to the left I think you'll create better space to put your nick - and it would be nice to see the text disappear behind the flames this time, which will give it that more involved finish - part of it rather than just slapped over the top.
    Just thinking here, if you left the grey wall in as a seperate layer, you could random cut some holes to show more flames, as if it's breaking thru the wall - it'll take some creative brushing (after you cut the holes merge the flames behind it and smudge selectively so that it looks like the flames are 'licking' thru the holes) but that might be a little too much just for a sig. The foreground flames (or object) could use some shadow, just a very slight drop shadow really close to it almost invisiable (0 distance, 0 spread and 4-7 size) you wont need to worry about the angle using those settings, but that will help bring it forward and keep it looking seperate from whats behind.
    Also to finish it off, when you're done, zoom in about 200%, take the blur tool and lightly go around the edge of what you cut out to remove harsh pixelations and mask the cut & paste, then adjust Hue&Sat to tie all the colors together. This might all sound like a lot just for a sig, but its a process and with practice you'll be jumping thru it fast and easy.
    I hope that helps, you've got skill, stick at it.

link is dead for me

It looks really good.
    Good job.

to be honest.........i dont really know...hmm

i'd say its pronerley your best yet without a doubt
    ٿ ٿ ٿ ٿ

thanks mynros for taking time to help me out... also like to thank everyone else for their comments.

I like it. Whoever wrote a book about this sig is thinking way too much.^^

Everything works together very well. Maybe work a bit on the text, but that's it. Great work man!

Originally posted by Freak@11 Hours Ago
    I like it.* Whoever wrote a book about this sig is thinking way too much.^^

Everything works together very well.* Maybe work a bit on the text, but that's it.* Great work man!
    [snapback]132609[/snapback]
    That's probably the funniest thing I've read in a while, way to go! :lol: thanx for the smile !

oo ooo mynros is the new netal skin ^_^ (that's a good thing, t'means you reply with ...well how you reply :lol: you probably won't be able to keep up replying like you do but we'll see
    deaz\dxloa\dxedr