» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I need help on my homework. I need opinions from other people about this.
    What personality of the character comes to mind when you read this?

"His mind was more company to him than people were..."

BTW...Please dont say "Loner"

If someone could tell me, that would be great.

A personallity like edgar allen poe. Someone who is a great artist or someone super smart where no one else understands them. Hermit comes to mind, but loner sticks right up there also.

i would say he is an artist or someone who has a high iq, intelligent people usually behave the way described and have little to no friends.
    The character described could also be a psycopath depending on the storyline.

I picture somebody with a mental disorder. I actaully first though of this Doug kid who went to my Middle School... he walked around acting out scenes from movies, sound effects and everything. It was a funny thing to watch, though he never had any friends and I doubt was very intelligent - despite being able to memorize movies word for word.

He sounds like an introverted outcast. o__o He might be planning something big. Maybe he's frustrated because no one understands him but himself, and he might want to change that but not know how. ... meh. -__-

Introspective personality, possibly mildly autistic (i.e. Assburgers Syndrome).
    Resident father figure.

A savant. Someone who is extraordinarily gifted in a skill, and not so in any other field. In this case, the man is gifted intellectually, like in the sciences and what not. Perhaps because of his inability to communicate with others due to his 'condition' or because he is alienated by his peers or is simply misunderstood that he turns inwards where he keeps himself occupied.
    It's MORPHIN' time!
    github
    deviantART
    Last.FM
    carrotderek

hmmm well most of what i was going to say has .. well already been said... i don't think he's autistic or pyschotic in anyway ... it does sound like moyself.. also if in fact he was misunderstood he may have a form of superiority complex? napoleon complex perhaps? .. it could mean a bundle of things but be sure to mention everything you can ... and also it depends on what context that is in .. because if it's from a novel it would be helpful to enlighten us
    deaz\dxloa\dxedr

Alright. Thx for all the comments. They're helping

Originally posted by deadloader@5 Hours Ago
    hmmm well most of what i was going to say has .. well already been said... i don't think he's autistic or pyschotic in anyway ... it does sound like moyself.. also if in fact he was misunderstood he may have a form of superiority complex? napoleon complex perhaps? .. it could mean a bundle of things but be sure to mention everything you can ... and also it depends on what context that is in .. because if it's from a novel it would be helpful to enlighten us
    [snapback]134589[/snapback]
    are you sure you know what autism is? it's not remotely similar to psychosis.

People that have assburgers think and act exactly like that comment would suggest. Bill Gates, for example, suffers from assburgers.
    Resident father figure.