> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spears

It's far from finished but would like your opinions on it before i go any further also help on text (what font to use) would be great, thx

If someone could tell me, that would be great.

Ok now where to start. Well for the render. You should turn the opacity up and have him coming out of the lower rightand corner... meaning you should make that one the darker corner and should making it look like he is coming out of the black. Or maybe apply a lighting affects filter to just the same thing. IMO this sig could also use another render but what exactly i don't know, maybe a war tattered flag or somethin of that nature, another soldier perhaps. Looks way to plain at the moment and judging by the bg you don't want this to be a simle sig. The text though should just be a straightforward simple one, no script fonts, and keep it to white.

hey thx for that Gamer m8, yeah i was toying with the idea about another render being added but it took me an age to find what the guy im doing this sig for wanted but i really like the idea of having a flag involved but would that mean starting the sig all over again for it to look good against this render?

i've changed a couple of things on it, what do ya think ?

If someone could tell me, that would be great.

The flag looks really good. I am so much of a fan of everything being transparent however. Just make some things like the soldier and the text less opaque and you got a winner.

the text isn't very good here... I can't really say what to do with it though, sry... it just kinda bugs me

If everyone cared and nobody cried...
    If everyone loved and nobody lied...
    If everyone shared and swallowed their pride...
    Then we'd see the day that nobody died...
    noobdesign.net ftw

try to go for a dirty look now that you got all those dust and scratches, make sure you add a soft light layer with some black and white sparkly/grunge brushing to add a feeling of depth.
    Overall its nice but it could be better. Keep working on it and you will see that the reward is far more than the effort.

ehh. . i really dont like the flag. it is too prominent for me. lower the opac or mess with the blending modes a little to make it a little less 'poppy' i guess.

and i really like what you did with the render actually, i think that looks really good and should stay relatively the same. maybe blend the gun in a little more to make it look just that much flatter.

and the text is no good, a pixel text of some sort. maybe a two color thing goin on also.

Somewhere much better than where you are.

Well i love it although there is one problem: Its a british flag but with an american soldier, notice the M1A1 Thompson and the helmet style the british never had them. But if you not going fo factual accuracy then its great!

I think using Arial at about 14 pt and in all caps would look good. Just add a drop shadow to it and leave it white with 100% opacity and blending mode set to Normal. The render needs to be on Normal and 100% opacity, and blended by erasing parts of it with a nice grunge brush IMO. Don't erase too much and stay away from the face. You're almost there man.