» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Thread: VALVE!!!

valve pisses me off, it ruined the beginning of half life 2 for me because i was so pissed off by it's system i played it whilst annoyed.

It's a good idea for many people but they really pissed me off alot!

first off it wouldn't accept my code and said i had to buy a new copy of the game after about a month of dragging me on and said there is no way to resolve my problem. After finally fixing it .. i could play but i was pissed off...

I was shut off my network by my dad at night and i knew they had introduced an offline availability to play their products.. so i decided to go offline..

i tried to but it said sorry we can't connect you at this time ...

..CONNECT?!?!?! WTF?!!!!!! :angry:

how can they connect i'm trying to go offline.. so i tried pressing "retry" and it said, sorry you will have to visit "blah blah blah" to find out details ..

..WEBSITE ?!?!?!!! WTF?!!?!?!?!?!?! :angry:

this really pissed me off .. and i'm wondering what are your views of steam/valve and the respect, or lack thereof you have for their ideas ...

..Discuss
    deaz\dxloa\dxedr

I wasn't very fond of Steam when it first came out... its hard to change something you've used for a long time.

Compared to Quake 1, I thought HL was shit for Team Fortress. i hated it at first and thought valve ruined TF., but then it was good when I got used to the slower gameplay.

What pissed me off about Valve was that I had to buy DoD:Source hahahah, I wanted it to be freeeeeeee

I've never had any problems with the CDkey though..
    It's MORPHIN' time!
    github
    deviantART
    Last.FM
    carrotderek

I hate them very much but they're actraully quite stupid

So first I played HL1 and all those other valve games for like a year, so I finally got off my ass and figured out how to get CS. All that time all I needed was staem. I was like Shwoot!!! So when its all installed and stuff I type in my CS cdkey "Already Taken" I was lik err... tried it 5 more times "Already Taken try again" so I grab my ALL my other CDKeys (HL1, Teamfortress, BlueShift, Oppising Force) "Already Taken" "Already Taken" blah blah blah. I'm extremely annoyed by this point so I just give up and send them message after message for about a month when my friend is finally like "You want a free CS cdkey?" "i was like YEA!!!" So I put it in and played for a little while. Then they (Valve people) come to the conclusion that i'm "hacking" so all my steam games are VAC Banned. What is up with that? I dont even use hacks. So in frustration I somehow stepped on the power off buttton on my powerstrip cutting off the power to my computer. I turn back on and i'm not banned anymore. Kinda strange but great luck

Thats my story