» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Thread: new to sigs

hi guys im quite new to making sigs can some1 please have a look and tell me how to improve ive been following a few tuts hope you like it B) (take no notice ov the sig of the month its for our forum)

thanx

the line at the bottom spoils it for me
    deaz\dxloa\dxedr

Originally posted by deadloader@53 Minutes Ago
    the line at the bottom spoils it for me
    [snapback]138323[/snapback]
    IT also needs more depth, Add some more layers of brushing or smudging and make the render a little bit bigger.
    Good job man.

to be honest.........i dont really know...hmm

this is a fairly decent sig but the line spoils it and the grey area on the background which is around the tip of the sword
    ٿ ٿ ٿ ٿ

thanx for your fast comments guys realy aperciate it ive tryed another i know its nearly the same just trying new effects ...i will try and improve the top one

ok this one is a bit better, separate your brushing more and try to put 1 layer behing the render and one above.
    THe line is the thing that kills the sig, leave it out all together and also make the text white so you have more to play with [ fill opacity,blurs,overlays,etc]
    Good job on the second piece man, thats cool improvement.
    Keep practicing and you will get much better.

to be honest.........i dont really know...hmm

this is better but the line is still there and the bg looks a bit pixiley and the render isnt as well blended as in the first one but the colours stand out more and so do the shadows which is better
    ٿ ٿ ٿ ٿ

they are both not too bad, but if you are gonna use the line, make it either smaller, lighter, or fade it out towards the non text side. would improve a lot.

also, try and blend the render in a little better, and try to brush over, erase around, etc the render. and make it to match the bg a little more, not only in color, but in texture and feel.

i like what you did with both sigs, maybe change things up a bit though, with color and style and effects. i like the brushing on the second, but maybe duplicate the final layer, and set the blending mode to darken, multiply. overlay, soft light or something like that. give it a little more contrast and brightness and some more depth.

one thought, maybe make the render bigger, to give more of a focal point rather than the entire thing. make it to where you see the face and sword and only a little of the rest or something.

other than those, i cant think of anything. hope you take those into consideration and they help.

thanx alot again guys this it great exactly what i need to help me ull deffo see more of my work and i hope they keeep getting better