» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Thread: Need some help

Well I need some help with this sig...if you can call it that its not very good so can you give me suggestions.Please.

Latest:

it needs work, it is ok, and it has potential. course, everything has potential, it just depends on what you do with it. you need to add something to it, it is too bland in the bg. where it is all black

and the filtering kinda needs to go, filters can be a wonderful tool, when used in the proper manner. but it takes a LOT of time and practice to get to where you are good with filters, and use them correctly to help the piece, rather than just 'add on' or sometimes make worse. so i would suggest you continue to play with filters, mess around, find different ones. and remember, ctrl+z (undo) if you dont like something.

the bg needs to be spruced up a little. add some brushes, and maybe blur or smudge some stuff all up in there. lol, yes im ghetto, not. haha.

you can use downloaded brushes (which can be found anywhere). i prefer default, or self made brushes, simply because they are yours, and you do not have to give credit, and, it shows that you know what you are doing, and know how to do more than simply 'click' in places that look decent. but, when beginning, dl'ed brushes can be a great tool, i do believe we have all used them more than once in our 'careers' here. so its not the worst idea to start there, but you may have a bit of a jump if you start trying to use defaults and making your own. also remember, there are many different sets already loaded, just click on the arrow in your brush window (where you select your brushes) and look for things such as faux effects, special effects, etc. (those may not be right, but you get the idea). and also remember the brush presets on the top right. those are wonderful. there you can apply many different effects to add to what you are going for.

so i would suggest starting there. and trying to spruce up the bg a little more. add some colors to it. but stick with the overall color theme, dont go crazy. and also be sure to try and blend in the render with what is back there, and maybe for this, add a small like, white or greenish one pix border around the thing.

these are a few things to consider, post a revised version, and i will critique some more there if you like.

i do this to help you, and i hope that you heed what i have to say, because i do feel, and not trying to be cocky, that if you do listen to what i have, er had,. . to say, you will get better. i dont do it to be mean, or try and cut you down. exact oppisite if anything. so please, heed what i say, and give it a shot.

thanks

Mas

uhh...what he said, or you can just check out some tutorials.

dude we know that the atom things are ur trademark but you dont need to include them in everything.

1. blend the render a little better, remove outer glow and make it bigger
    2. add some color to the background
    3. add your name bottom right corner.

Good job man just needs some work.

ok you can make the atom things work but do it subtle and some brushes set the layer of the atoms to an overlay and put your name on it and it should look pretty good

Thanx alot guys I should have an up date posted in a few days

well earlier I said it would take a few days but initave kicked in and this is the result:

i yet again had more time on my hands so I added some animation... What do you think?
    Latest:

Increase the opacity of the render, and take off the outerglow. Make a new BG, blend the render, and make some cool text.

Thats all sigs are.

What render?
    Latest:

Originally posted by Kidd_Zero@2 Hours Ago
    What render?
    [snapback]140235[/snapback]
    the render is the image that you use... in this case Splinter Cell would be your render.
    GOod job on the animation quite smooth.

one thing. . . a background. add something other than flat black back there. the little atom thingy is cool, but it doesnt do near enough. maybe make the sig size a little smaller or something, but it really needs someting back behind the atom deal.