» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ok well here we have a sig tutorial which will show you how to do this. i havent seen this background or tut before so im posting it here. i hope you all like.
    this is going to be the result

THIS IMAGE IS ONE I MADE EARLIER THE ONE IN THIS TUT WILL NOT BE THE SAME, you have to experiment with colors.
    ok so to get started we want a new sig sized image. i made it 400x130, you can choose diffferently. make a new doc. put it to wite background. THIS LAYER HAS TO BE A LAYER NOT A BACKGROUND

1.now go to filter>render>clouds (you have to do this with youre default colors, press D to get them again),2. then filter>render>difference clouds (you may do this more than once to get a better effect)

3.now go filter>render>fibers choose an appropriate setting not too detailed but not too plain.

4.filter>stylize>wind choose METHOD: wind DIRECTION: from the right
    5.again filter>stylize>wind METHOD:wind DIRECTION:from the LEFT
    it should now look like this:

6.now go filter>artistic>plastic wrap HIGHLIGHT STRENGTH:20 DETAIL:10 SMOOTHNESS:10

7.make a new layer, by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+N repeat steps 1-5, DO NOT do step 6

8. on this layer after repeating all the steps. apply watercolor. by going filter>artistic>watercolor

9.now set this layer to difference. by eihter right clicking and going into blending options and selecting difference or just go to the top of the layers channel and select difference

it should now look like this

now to add some color
    10. click on the first layer and then go into image>adjustments>color balance
    now these settings are up to youre own liking but to make it like mine for the MIDTONES i set the colors at -81 -34 +40
    shadows and highlights are youre own choice. i did include them though.

11. finally select the second layer and go to image>adjustments>hue/saturation
    check that the colorize box IS TICKED. now set youre own style. i put it at 58 23 100. this made me a redish fiery color
    this is what i have so far

12. now for the render. choose a suitable render and put it on the top of all the layers. set it to anything, tht involves light (eg soft light hard light etc) this depends on youre render and color of youre bg. you can also put it to screen as i did with my bluish one. this one im showing you is with hard light

13. now for the text. you do what you want with this but to get the effect on the first sif i showed you i put the text to outer glow and then added some noise.
    well there you go you have a sig

i hope you liked this tut. comments on it are welcomed. id like to know what yo think.

Hmmm the effect is quite nice, its a bit like a wood effect but it aint my style...

The tut is written fair good my only critisicm on the actual tut is dont that you put a render in and that which dont look the nicest so people may not try it because the finished result aint too nice if you get me?

Should try making it a blueish colour, might be able to get a nice water effect

thnx for tht ben. i just thought it was quite original as ive never seen it before. please explain youreself you seem to not be making sense in youre post.

Well the effect is quite nice but im not sure where i would use it o_O

Good job on the actual tutorials because its easy to understand and screenshots aswell

But the final result aint too nice so it may put people off...

And maybe you could get a water effect if you make it a nice cool blue.

wow. this is a very successful tut!!!!!!! yaya im so glad nobody has commented on it. lol :P

It is a good tutorial and the outcome isn't really what I like but it is original. In my opinion I would have stopped the tutorial at step 11 and put it in the background tutorials section since you don't go into a great deal of detail transforming the background into a signature.

fair enough- it probably does suit a bg better. i thought nobody would like the outcome lol. ohh well at least i tried.

nice tut, but finished product is quite nice. Cya

Are you sure this is your first tut? bcoz itz great.

thnx man, real appreaciated.