» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Thread: Why?

Well i was on about somebody's mum walking out and that person ended up cutting her arms etc. then her mum came back and everything wa fine, well now her mum just hit her, not to hard i dont think and she cut her arms again but worse...

I want to know why people do it, she says that it takes the pain away from the mind, personally i just think its for attention etc.

So why do people cut them selves? it birngs nothing but more pain and make you feel sorry for youreself IMO...

Discuss please...

(and should this be in the clashing forum? O_o )

Somewhere much better than where you are.

Self-harm is a pointless activity that some idiotic teenagers do to make themselves seem "different" and out of the "crowd" one of the main reasons is to get pity love from emo girls. Its basically an attention catching mechanism. UNLESS! Of course if somebody is suffering from manic depression and actually hates themself, now thats a whole different matter.

There must be more too it than that, if not then i'm guessing it's for attention or she needs some help.

Well her teacher saw it and she was speaking to some school council person and promised all her mates and me she wouldn't do it again so hopefully she's ok now

I'd talk to her, and be her friend. Most people mutilate themselves, as a cry for help.

These people need psychological help. If even they say there OK.