> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Car!

I bought my car yesterday, and I love it.

92' Jetta 5-speed, red. I got it for a great deal too. The car is so nice and small, quick acceleration when i need it and easy cruising with the 5-speed manual transmission. This is my first standard shift and now I finally understand why people love them so much. I love stopping for a red light without touching the brakes.

The body and interior are both in excellent condition. The only body damage is a little bump in the back where the previous owner backed into it with his truck. Oh, and it has a sunroof that DOESN'T leak. How awesome is that, lol.
    Resident father figure.

Congrats, can we get a picture?

Are ya gonna do any body work to it? Such as body kits or rims?
    Oblivion

i recently just bought a new car too..
    2000 model mazda 323 protege.
    family car but its a 1.8L 92kw DOHC
    / / X E K A Y E M \ \
    http://zekayem.deviantart.com/

Drop some 17" Volk's on that shit and make it a 400HP Beast

I'd have to drop a VR6 into my car and turbocharge/supercharge it to get it up to 400HP. Lot's of work, and not really worth it. It's a car for me to drive to work with, not to race airplanes in. Right now it's a Digifant 1.8L 8V inline 4 cylinder engine pushing about 100hp. Plenty of horsepower for a car of it's size.

I'll be posting pics tommorow probably, i need to polish up the plastic trim and maybe wax it.

I don't plan on any body kits or crazy looking rims. I'm considering putting dual round headlights from a same year Golf on her. Right now they've got rectangular headlights. Beyond that, I don't really plan on doing anything to it, maybe shave the door handles, trunk lid, and badgeless grill, and if I get really really into it and really really rich i'll lower it an inch and a half. Any modifications I do will be to make the car more simple looking. I really really hate those ricer mobiles with big wings on FRONT WHEEL DRIVE CARS, neon's all over the place, etc. etc. all of it useless and gaudy. I like boxy, simple looking cars, and a 92' jetta is that look, i don't want to change it really. Plus it has porsche style door handles, which is bad ass.
    Resident father figure.

Resident father figure.

NIfty. Golfs look awesome from back then =D Boxy golfs = Sex.

Some better rims ( not necesserily bling ones ) - would be sexy

I used to have an audi with the same kinda look / spec as that. It pwned even though it was old =)

Alfa Romeo 156 T-spark now, got that for... £3500 =)

How much?

I recently got my car. 1990 Grand Am 4 door.

2.3 liter, 16-valve quad four cylinder.

Gets 35 miles per gallon. Yummy =)

Are you driving that car BigFatgGuy? Also, the images don't work.

well they're linked via DevArt. I know it's illegal, but (as you may know) my computer is MIA right now and I can't access any of my FTP servers without it. Here's the direct links, all the images work fine.

http://ic1.deviantart.com/fs9/i/2006/037/a...by_number43.jpg
    http://ic1.deviantart.com/fs9/i/2006/037/9...by_number43.jpg
    http://ic1.deviantart.com/fs9/i/2006/037/8...by_number43.jpg

Dale,

I've been looking around for different wheels to slap on it. Probably 17's, I almost bought a set of 17" mini cooper rims. I just bought it saturday, so I'm just working on fixing the little stuff right now. I re-fit the shifter and E-brake boots, sanded down the VW emblems, and jetta emblem and painted them black, and I'm trying to decide if i want to try and put my 8" Pyle Dryver Sub and tweater setup in and move the infinity speakers currently in it to the front doors. If I do anything major I'll probably post pictures. Alfa's are great cars, alittle expensive in the U.S. It's not something you can pick up parts for easily, at least not in America. Nice car though.

BFG,

I paid $1,000 exactly for it. Hell of a deal. My friends girlfriend had a 90' Grand Am sedan. It was a decent car, great first car. My first car was a 91' Chevy Corsica. I think everyone should start with a 15+ year old domestic. The grand am's are nice and heavy, great for safety.
    Resident father figure.