» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Thread: First Space Art

If someone could tell me, that would be great.

I have spent about 5 hours so far on this and i am to tired to go on. Thought I would post it anyways to see what you guys think of it so far. Got the idea from something I saw on DA. Anyways the finished piece my go into the space art battle here if there is room, but its definetly going to be in the bi-weekly. C&C as you will but keep in mind that it is unfinished. I still need to add text, color, more stars, and that lens flare/brushing in the middle needs improvement. Those are what ill work on but if any of you guys see something else please tell me.

Hmm. You should work on the unrealistic colours of the planet, and the oversized beam of light. BUt apart from that it's ok ^_^ -> NOt bad for a first, i like the stars, but they wouldn't show up nearer the main one behind the orange planet ((light pollution... )).

Keep working on it
    - Colour (( the colour is fine.. just the tones , and texture of the planet ))
    - Maybe some light / multicoloured stars (( light tones on them though ^_^ ))

near a strong light source, you shouldnt have other lights. not just the main flare thing, the stars too.

and the stars are too dense in a couple of places, mainly in the bright spots.

not bad for your first though. keep it up.

Thanks for the suggestions. I was planning on fixing alot of that but thanks for pointing it out anyways.

i think you did a bit of an overkill on the stars and i dont like the beam in the middle.
    This is me.

Ok well this is the update. Got rid of the star field that i have to do still. I have to find a good font as well. Added black edges, fixed the lens flare and the planet. the black edges were just slapped on for space for text later. There is still much work to do. Also added a moon to take up space. Have to fix some of the moon texture and add a starfield...

'tis looking better already. BUt it looks like you're using a colour balance layer or something, over the whole peice.
    The small planet looks the same as the big one, but nicer. Maybe it's just a differnt part, try to add more depth to your planets.
    Search deviantart , or alyn's gallery for his planet tutorial. It'll take you possibly 3-5 hours. BUt you get nice results, 'tis a very free tutorial, makes you do the work, just explains methods.

But it's improving. n1

Thats the tut i used...