> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Parents!!!!

Well i used to be clever, A + B student, then my attitute of not giving a shit kicked in, then the attitude of school is shit so why go? Now im onto C D and E's. I think im pretty sure where i want my life to go, i have thought about a few routes if things don't go well.
    And i know grades help things but where im going grades don't really effect things...

Im in the college/6th form next year, im doing double ICT, business and Law. in those 2years i am planning on doing a bit of work for my bro maybe, possibly doing a bit of GFX on the side if i get quite good. Theres a large chance i will set up my own small business selling things, i have a lot of experiance doing that because i sometimes work for my bro ad i picked up quite a few tipcs etc. on the way. After that i may do a few thngs:
    >>Either go to Uni and do Business and/or ICT
    >>Carry on my business, my bro sometimes gets an income of £1000 in a day, but thats income not profit but still, and he didnt take most of his gcse's
    >> theres a few other things im thinking about

After that you get the picture, and my mum and dad got one letter basicly saying im going to fail graphics which i am because i aint done ANY work in 2years, i blame the teacher because he teaches you individually and not as a class, i am not a person to sit down for an hour waiting for a teacher, either he tells me what to do or i dont do it. So i failed that lesson and i have my mum and dad giving me loads of shit about it. They get a few letters from school saying stuff like this all the time and they take is soo god damn fucking serious, i don't see the point in half the lessons i do, R.E im sorry but i aint gonna go round preying my arse off so why do i do RE? PSE, i aint gonna get my girl upt he duff at 15 so why do PSE?

And if im not on here much itll be because they took the pc away or something, they blame everything on the pc, if i have stomach ache its the pc's fault, if im in a bad mood its the pc's fault.... etc

Fucking hate my life at the mo, cant wait untill i finish all school/college and can do what i want, all this is because of coursework, i work for like 7hours a day at school, im not going to come home and do more work, im going to chill when i get home, so ive not done any coursework in 2years so im getting bad grades which personally idont give a fuck about and im getting in shit for what i want to do with my life.

I dont know why i posted this but i need to get the fucker off my chest...

woah. *hugs*

Personally i think it's crappy whatever you choose to do.. I get stress if i do and stress if i don't so yeah..
    At least your parents are there, my dad's in the mental ward of hospital and i see my mum once a week at most because she's off with her boyfriend all the time.
    I don't agree with your attitude, but if it's what you wanna do you do it. Your life, your choices.

Eatchur Spinach!
    Get all muscly armed and beat some shit outta someone.

Or not.

It's good to vent once in a while huh? I think your parents are worried about your future because of your grades in school. Its very normal, my parents are like that all the time.

I know school may seem pointless at the moment, and taking courses that don't seem to fit in with your goal sucks ass, and I don't know how the curriculum works over there but the tiny things add up. Like in high school, I had to take Chemistry, so I was all like, "wtf I don't need chem for Computer Science!" and I still don't, but I still took it. Same goes with Career and Life Management, I thought it was bullshit. The reason primarily is to actually graduate.

I don't have a clue what the admission requirements at Universities where you live, but I get a hint that entrance into a school of Business universally is pretty high, I mean over here, Engineering and Business are the big high up there faculties, Law and Medicine is so hard to get into I want to throw up.

The point is, even though it may seem pointless and accomplishes very short term and mundane requirements, but they are still requirements nonetheless. These things add up, and potentially, if you don't make the grade to get into university, then what will you do?

If you make it into university (which I hope you do), the workload is going to exponentially increase, and still, some courses will be bullshit as well. I advise you to pick up your study habits right now so you can keep up in University, because even if you're accepted, you're not scot-free with a degree.
    It's MORPHIN' time!
    github
    deviantART
    Last.FM
    carrotderek

I know, i think i want to go to uni im not sure, if i dont get in if i do apply i got loads of other plans so i should be ok

Uni is if im bored and fancy going away

I dont take anything serious, just do things as they come at me

ben i have an idea, just find out what the requirements are for your sixth form something like 5 a-c's i think.. (where are you going by the way) and when you know that just buckle down on the subjects you like and atleast try to get a few c's, then if you get accepted once through college come to salford uni with me and do computing ^_^ seriously though i'm almost the same except i hate to brag but i am quite intelligent mos t likely more than alot in my classes top set too :huh: but i couldn't give a rats ass unless i can get what i want and right now i'm on tracks to get most all b's so all in all i just suggest you do what you can from now on, it may only be about 4 months but atleast it's better than wasting that goofing off like i've done, i'm trying to lecture you but seriously don't do it for your parents or teachers even if they do piss you off which i can see they might just do it for yourself yeah? ^_^ i'll give you cookies B)
    deaz\dxloa\dxedr

omfg cookies!!!!

Im expected like 7A-C's and iev got a mentor because i only got a few on my mocks but i dont take mocks seriously.

When it cmoes to the exams i think i should be ok

My grades are slipping because of CW i want to rest when i get home And i dont see why you spend 2hours doing an exam worth 80% then spent 20hours doing coursework thats worth 20%???

Seems a bit fucked up

Somewhere much better than where you are.

I would like to get good grades but if I dont I really dont care because I would just go and join the army (the pay is good nowadays because of all the wars and shit)

Only coursework i've tried to do at home is graphics, IT, spanish and art. The rest im more than likely going to fail but to do the course i want to do at college i don't need any GCSE's so i don't see the point tbh.

Most of my coursework is like.... 60%... That's why i spend time on it. Maths we have 3 weeks of lessons for and its only 20% so im going with your plan and just not bothering too much. All my grades are predicted A*/A (about 2 B's in there) and if i dont do it i just get all the teachers saying that im "not acheiving my potential". That can turn into the WORST phrase in the world after you hear it nearly 20 times a day ¬¬