» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Thread: Qualifications

I need some help finding some degrees in the UK at Uni.

I am open to a few things.

My main subject i want to get into is graphic design, doing web design and logos' etc.

But i have also just found this course :

http://www.bolton.ac.uk/courses/course_dis...le&template=uni

Which is something i would love to do.

Im having a hard choice, and i need to choose quite quickly as my decisions next year will effect all this.

So help please.

P.S - I would love to do either Graphic related (things like 43 is into)
    Computer game related like the link i said
    Or Programming etc.

If anyone knows about computer game design etc. could i have some help on which course would best suit?

http://www.bolton.ac.uk/gamesplatform/courses.html

P.S.
    Can this be moved to off disucssion because it's no longer about graphics that much L0l

Moved!

I don't know much about Graphic Design in Post-Secondary, but Computer Game Design and Development is a specialization for my major (Computer Science)

Keep in mind that Games are HELL to code. I'm having a reeeeal hard time making Space Invaders FLROFLROFLROFLORF.

Well really, if you plan on doing Games Software Development degree then you have to be good at math. There is alot of logic and math involved, especially if you are going to be programming graphics and physics. Most games and AI interfaces are programmed in C++, I dunno why cause its stupid :P (Procedural/Object-Oriented Hybrid) and above all make sure you have extremely good problem solving skills. Declaring the wrong object can mess up alot of areas of your program, and its very tedious debugging it. But the sound and AI stuff look very fun :P

As for Game Design, it does seem easier. Its more emphasis on designing the game to meet the demands of the customers. Human-CPU interaction, marketing etc. and all that jazz. It seems to suit a more creative mind than a technical one.
    It's MORPHIN' time!
    github
    deviantART
    Last.FM
    carrotderek

Ive always been top or close to top of my set (set2) and i like to think im quite good at math.

It looks enjoyable to, could i do the video games course and the graphical/advertising one? Then again it would be a lot of work and more money

Hmm hard decisions.

You could :P Nothing stopping you from doing both, but it will be time consuming. Pick the one you'd think you would enjoy more.
    It's MORPHIN' time!
    github
    deviantART
    Last.FM
    carrotderek

I think I would enjoy the video game one more, but realisticly theres more chance of me suceeding in the graphics industry?

Yah i decided, im gonna take either one or both of the video games courses, more likely the one which consists more on the coding side than designing side.

I will take Art next year incase the video games fails i can always go back on the graphics side of things. If that happens i may go to Manchester Uni with DeadyLoader :P

I wanted to do video game or web design but my grades arn't gonna be good enough to get in.

5 A-Cs, i got 5 on ym mocks but i dont try on them.
    Im pretty sure i can get that, and Alevel i am more or less gaurenteed 2 so it should be alright.

Tysoon just pretend you 96 and get special privilages

I'll apply for the course for the special people. :happy:

Yay Lol

Go us special Kids