> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 754 -> 939

Ok i've bought a socket 754 PC. ( Sempron 3000+ , 754 motherboard, (Sata or ATA :S) Hard drive, DDR Ram )

If i wished to upgrade to 939.... Would i just get a new motherboard and Processor. or is it likely they won't work with my Hard Drive and Ram....

I was thinking of just doing this ... so i can get a better graphics card, and a better processor for cheaper. then in the future upgrading will be easy. As there aren't many competitive bits of kit for 754 systems =/

Thanks in adance

i'd need more information on the motherboard, but yes. you'll need a new motherboard, probably not a new hard drive...and maybe not new ram. it all depends on all the hardware you're talking about. give specs for the old and new hard drive, and i'll help you more.
    Resident father figure.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...item=8789764716

Heh. We should just make a whole forum for 43. Entitled "Any question that ever ponders your mind and will need answering within 5 hours enter here "

Woo. 43 is t3h pwn!

Well the processor is great as a pentium but just like a pentium Sempron processors aren't as good as amd athlon processors for games but most I think atm there's a game that your processor could play so it's not a big thing.

HD seems like it would be fine if you upgrade your processor I think it would cost more :P. For your current processor the price is 84.00, and if you upgrade I would suggest getting and amd athlon 64. and for the same speed for a 64 processor it's 119 on avg. new :P.

most likely if you have a 754 motherboard then you have a pci express video card which means upgrading it will probably cost quite a bit more also. For they're the newest videos cards out.

For memory you can easily find two 512 sticks for $60 to $70 on the internet. Does your motherboard have duel channel?

Anyway I'm not sure that upgrading that is quite the way you wanna go, your processor should be fine for awhile, it's at least the standard now. lol or you could bump it up to AMD Athlon 64 FX-57 which is the fastest processor I think amd has made lol :P I want it though it's $800, which is a bit out of my budget :P.

I'm not an idiot man XD i know about all the stuff you covered. I just wanted to know if i'd have to change all the parts, to upgrade to a 939 motherboard and processor. Or just change the motherboard and processor. But for nmow I'll just use that pc.. and get a better one in a year or so ^_^

~Thanks

Sorry, missed "If i wished to upgrade to 939"

So for that all you most likely have to change if you get a new MB is a new processor. Other than that most HD's are pretty universal and so is ram.

Just before you buy a MB go to the mainwebsite for it and look at the manual to see what it's commbatible with. Some actually give a list of ram it can use and also processors.

I think I was on topic this time :unsure:

Hahah thanks ^_^ Yea i'll make sure i check. Knowing me i'll buy some asian make only compatible with slovenian manufactured russian sold goods...

Ram isn't universal. New mother boards usually use PC3200 or higher these days, but the processor also has to able to use that aswell.

You will need a new MB and processor. No new hard drive. >_>

I wish I could have asnwered earlier xD

Dale, if you have questions like this, you can always IM me or 43.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bigfatguy6969 &#064; Apr 12 2006, 06&#58;16 PM) [snapback]165346[/snapback]</div>
    Dale, if you have questions like this, you can always IM me or 43.
    [/b]
    He IM&#39;d me awhile ago, but he doesn&#39;t have any specs for either motherboard. This topic is pretty much locked until he does.
    Resident father figure.

The Latest AMD Sempron 3000+ CPU SKT 754

Thats like.. a lie isnt it?

This could be really bad stuff dale, its all very vague.. Better to go somewhere wyoull know will get you quality