> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Highlighted Posts:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SgtSwabs &#064; Mar 30 2006, 04&#58;37 PM) [snapback]163219[/snapback]</div>
    I dont really like NFL, it&#39;s just a body armoured version of Rugby and with more rules about violence.
    [/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dale &#064; Apr 3 2006, 04&#58;52 PM) [snapback]163668[/snapback]</div>
    Yea. Rugby = better.

IMO american football is rugby for pussies. XD
    [/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vermilion &#064; Apr 11 2006, 11&#58;46 PM) [snapback]165274[/snapback]</div>
    footbal takes skill and grace and you gotta be tough, rugby is just chickens with their heads cut off, but i think a lot of american football players would be beasts at rugby. Tell a NFL linebacker that north american football is for pussies. americans just have a differnt view on sports, we dont like rugby much.
    [/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SgtSwabs &#064; Apr 12 2006, 09&#58;35 AM) [snapback]165293[/snapback]</div>
    In rugby you aren&#39;t even allowed to throw the ball forward&#33; You have to through it to the side or back which means alot more thinking is needed than in American football where they can just throw it forward until they score look at the diagrams, below. Which one looks more tactical, and I know these are obviously not the only tactics used in both games.

See, lots of thought in that and thats only one of the tactics.

Where as that makes the game a whole lot easier.

Oh and when you said "gotta be tough" did you mean their body armour has to be tough?
    [/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hxck &#064; Apr 12 2006, 11&#58;13 AM) [snapback]165303[/snapback]</div>
    Rugby is gay. End of story.

Nobody could have said it better than Vermilion that Rugby is just a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off running around in circles.

And if Rugby is so much cooler than Football, how come millions and millions of people don&#39;t watch Rugby religiously? Because it&#39;s chaotic, there&#39;s no sense of skill or togetherness to it. People want to see a sense of teamwork.
    True, but there are also flea flickers (pitch passes) and laterals in Football too. So in all reality, your Rugby diagram could work in the NFL too. So that&#39;s no argument.

And if Rugby is so much cooler than Football, how come we never really hear about it? Nobody does anything cool, that&#39;s why.

Because there are rules and regulations in Football, it makes it more interesting. How many times have us American boys been glued to the TV, jumping up and down in the middle of the living room with 5 seconds left in the 4th quarter yelling "That&#39;s fucking ridiculous&#33; I&#39;m gonna kick the refs ass&#33; That was a touchdown&#33;" and there&#39;s some kind of holding penalty or pass interference. It&#39;s more exciting.

We all come from different places and will never agree, but I say NFL 100%.
    [/b]

I prefer Rugby.

Dicuss ^_^

NA Football takes more skill and any football payer could play rugby. Maybe not a 350 lb linemen and football is more fun to watch.
    This is me.

Well it depends realy, Rugby union is boring but i like league. I don&#39;t think american footballers could play rugby at all.

That&#39;s definitely not true there tyson. There are some rugby players who couldn&#39;t play football. While i admit rugby is a more painful sport, it&#39;s not like professional football people don&#39;t hit hard. The pads don&#39;t really do a whole lot...and the way that the american game is set up, without pads people would die. Before the 1930s, american football was played without pads, and people actually DID DIE. That&#39;s why theodore roosevelt outlawed many of the plays, and football until they revoked the no pads thing.

I&#39;d also be willing to bet that the best athletes in the NFL are better than any of the best athletes in rugby.

I hate kids that are my age and say football is better than every sport though....they&#39;re all fat and suck at life.

LOL That&#39;s going in my name&#33; hahahahhahah

Anyways -

They&#39;re completely different, Rugby isn&#39;t more "pussy" it&#39;s just that the agression isn&#39;t needed to much. I won&#39;t say it&#39;s more tactical, the tactics are different.

American football has always had pads, so it&#39;s gonna have more contact, they&#39;re not going to be fitter. You can&#39;t get any fitter then any pro athlete. That&#39;s down to skill level, an american footballer would struggle in a rugby game, as would a rugby player in an american football game.

My opinion has been stated.

PS - Dale, I edited your post. :P

american football HAS NOT ALWAYS HAD PADS&#33; and since when does not having contact not make you fit?

i suppose fit depends on the definition of fitness. At an early age, either athlete could become good at either sport, but once they start playing their sport, it&#39;s very tough to change between rugby+football i imagine.

Can anyone imagine what would happen if you got hit by Roy Williams w/o pads on?

edit for emphasis

31 will eat you alive

This is me.

It really doesn&#39;t bother me which sport is more violent, so what if that guy can kill someone with a tackle? I really don&#39;t give a shit haha.

violence does not determine the entertainment value.. or does it now =/

Sadly dale, for many it really does. I&#39;d play lacrosse, except there are so many kids who play just to be allowed to knock the hell out of people, and not get in trouble.