> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Car

There used to be a "top speed" that i've been thinking about ever since i bought my car. So..

I have a 92' (mark 2) VW JettaGL 4-door
    5 speed manual transmission
    1.8L 4 cylinder 8 valve engine
    Tornado Red

This is my favorite year for the jetta/golf's, the body style is still boxy but not ugly like the '85 body style. I don't know if I want to sink any money into it yet. There's a place near me that rebuilds old VW's and I've been eyeing up the old Karmann Ghias they have (picture of one http://www.photo.net/photo/pcd1892/karmann...blique-46.4.jpg). Either I'll buy a Ghia or I'll fix this Jetta up.

The fastest I've gotten it to is 105mph (about 170kph) but the gearing is alittle short, if I change anything it'll include a 5th gear swap because it's basically useless. My father had a friend that used to race Jetta's and apparently the Jetta accelerates faster from 0-50 than a corvette (80's), and I believe it. The top speed isn't amazing, but I can get it up to 30mph before I finish a left hand turn at a stop sign. It doesn't sound amazing, but try it sometime. The handling is really great too, there's almost no body roll. Even sliding feels controlled and stable. The only problem is when it's raining the car tends to slip and slide because it's so light.

So watchugot?
    Resident father figure.

Wow 43, your car is awesome! It looks wicked. HOw much'd you pay for it? ^_^

Anyways.. err i did have an Alfa Romeo 156 T-Spark... but it exploded. Top speed was 160 aswell, pretty fast XD. Stupid Italian cars exploding on French Motorways doing 100mph ....

Anywaysa now i have a Renault Clio... 'tis pretty old, but doesn't really matter, it was free ^_^

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dale &#064; Apr 14 2006, 10&#58;31 AM) [snapback]165625[/snapback]</div>
    Wow 43, your car is awesome&#33; It looks wicked. HOw much&#39;d you pay for it? ^_^

Anyways.. err i did have an Alfa Romeo 156 T-Spark... but it exploded. Top speed was 160 aswell, pretty fast XD. Stupid Italian cars exploding on French Motorways doing 100mph ....
    Anywaysa now i have a Renault Clio... &#39;tis pretty old, but doesn&#39;t really matter, it was free ^_^
    [/b]
    That&#39;s not my car, that&#39;s a picture of a Karmann Ghia, which is what I&#39;m considering buying. It was a VW designed by the coach company Karmann and the italian sports car company Ghia, mechanically it&#39;s the same as the VW Beetle. There&#39;s some obvious problems with buying that car, mainly I can&#39;t drive it in winter since it snows quiet a bit here. It&#39;s also only a 4-speed with the largest engine they ever made only reaching 1500cc which is basically the size of a motorcycle engine.

I&#39;ve got a VW Jetta right now. It&#39;s a nice car, but it needs work to make it sporty.
    Resident father figure.

"Jetta" ... hmmm .. never heard of it, you compared it / said the word golf though ... is JEtta just a different name for Golf ?

How much is the guy / girl asking for the Karmann Ghia ?

Fiat Tipo, 1.4s...just got it off my dads mate for free , 94&#39; plate but it came with power steering, cd player, and even a cd player O_o was quite suprised for an L reg...and it sort of generic black

like...

"I find that on the internet, everyone is very tough in an anonymous, pussy kind of way" - Josh Homme

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dale &#064; Apr 14 2006, 04&#58;21 PM) [snapback]165673[/snapback]</div>
    "Jetta" ... hmmm .. never heard of it, you compared it / said the word golf though ... is JEtta just a different name for Golf ?
    [/b]
    It&#39;s a Vento, to you europeans. Jetta in america. They are different cars, but basically the same.
    Resident father figure.

ooooohhh yeah i know what ya mean, coolies

"I find that on the internet, everyone is very tough in an anonymous, pussy kind of way" - Josh Homme

Audi A6 Quattro Combi
    4x4
    2,5 TDI
    max. speed : i just drive it today when i was driving from my vacation in south czech and it was about 190 km/h

Thats awesome&#33; My nieghbor has an Audi A6 and my dad has a BMW 745Li.

I have twos&#33;&#33;&#33;

This is for my nights out on the town

And this is my "special occasion" car

It was asking for it&#33;&#33; I was gonna post a bus or a carboard box but Tyson thought these were funnier.