No Members online

» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

View Poll Results: Next-Gen Console with Most Potential?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sony PS3

6 50.00%
  • Microsoft XBox 360

3 25.00%
  • Nintendo Revolution

3 25.00%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

I think that PS3 has the most potential, but I think it's really stupid that they're using the blu-ray discs instead of HD-DVDs. The drive itself costs 300$, thats why the system will be so expensive (and possibly hurt sales).

Xbox is taking parts of the market, but its still no PS3.

I think the Revolution will catch on and outsell both of them. Its going to be the first one I buy.
    This is me.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vermilion &#064; Apr 17 2006, 09&#58;07 AM) [snapback]165977[/snapback]</div>
    I think the Revolution will catch on and outsell both of them. Its going to be the first one I buy.
    [/b]
    Seconded

Somewhere much better than where you are.

I think the Revolutions is not "completely changing the way we play games", I think it&#39;s just giving a low power console and incredibly annoying controller. Remember the eye-toy? It&#39;s gonna be like that but the WHOLE console is one.

The PS3 is technically 50mb more powerful then the 360 (but then again iin this world 50mb is nothing) and it has potential, but the problem with Sony and Playstation is that they have never had many really good games. Amazing games with great quality are constanlty being released for the Xbox and the Xbox 360, where as with the Playstation there&#39;s always about 1000 shit games released for it with about 1 good game (the Grand Theft Auto series).

So the Playstation 3 has potential, but I dont think it&#39;s going to be any good, also wtf is up with the boomerang controller? And why the hell have they used the Spider Man font style for their logo&#33;?&#33;

Now to start talking about the 360. This console has already had some simply amazing games released for it, for instance; Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter (yes it was released for other consoles but the 360 version just blew all the other versions away), Perfect Dak Zero, Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion (same thing as with GRAW it was released on other systems but the 360 version stands out the most) BattleFeild 2 Modern Combat ( A re-make of the original for the 360 and is looking B-E-A-utiful) and, many, many more that I cant remember.

Also what you have to remember is that so far all of the games that have been released for the 360 have only used about a quarter of the 360s power&#33; So there&#39;s still 3/4 of power to be used. Thats why I think the 360 also has pontential.

seen the screen shots for Red Steel yet? On a normal TV, yo wont be able to tell a difference in graphics... Nintendo will release a normal controller but the on right now will be awesome for FPS. And Playstation has FF series, though i hate both FF and PS, may people love it.
    This is me.

There isnt anything next-gen about the Xbox, apart from the fact its a powerful computer that supports HD.

The others have actually changed stuff.

Somewhere much better than where you are.

The PS3 hasn&#39;t changed anything either then. Apart from the Blue-Ray disks which aren&#39;t needed and are going to make the console cost loads.

And "Next-Gen" just means the next group of consoles, it does&#39;nt mean they have to be revolutionary.

Look, Sony cant even mkae their own logo&#33;

See it&#39;s the same font style lol.

Dude, have you seen the new specs rolled out for the ps3 like 3 days ago? They will be supporting video chat AND audio chat THROUGH ALL GAMES in the online environment. Meaning, you can be in the lobby waiting for a game to start, and talking to someone playing a completely different came. Such as....playing COD and talking to someone playing madden, or something.

ps3 gmv.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vermilion &#064; Apr 16 2006, 09&#58;07 PM) [snapback]165977[/snapback]</div>
    [/b]
    What about people with no internet connection? And if they were including the N64 games...then maybe it would outsell them. I don&#39;t think it will catch on..as it&#39;s severly behind its next gen brethren in terms of single player offline capabilities.

The PS3 cost is going to be around £260 i beleive, because they delayed it for so long. It was originally going to be £400.

And gameplay, PS2 has more realistic physics and gameplay then the x-box anyways, all x-box do is fast paced games.

The graphics on X-box SUCK compared to Ps2 games. Anyone seen the game "Black" ? WOW.

If i liked online gaming , i&#39;d buy a X-box. Fast paced more arcade style games. . . But i have a pc for that.

I like isngle player games, for my consoles. And multiplayer ( not internet though ) games. That&#39;s why i&#39;m buying me a ps3&#33;

) heh rhymeage (

What about people with no internet connection? And if they were including the N64 games...then maybe it would outsell them. I don&#39;t think it will catch on..as it&#39;s severly behind its next gen brethren in terms of single player offline capabilities.[/b]
    What about the people with no internet conenction? I dont understand what your saying? And you&#39;ll be able to download classic Nintendo games and play them on the revolution.

The graphics on X-box SUCK compared to Ps2 games. Anyone seen the game "Black" ? WOW[/b]

ARE YOU CRAZY?&#33; PS2 graphics are horrible.
    This is me.