> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Grunge

I've made a grunge sig, just to show you what grunge is. It's not just filter --> render --> clouds, with some bog standard text. You can do you your own ideas , be creative. I haven't really odne much on this ... but the bg is ok. You get the idea, make your own ideas!

Everyone on this forum needs to spend more time on their work , and actually work on it more. I know some of you such as Jerner, Ellusionist, Twan, Cold Catalyst, Mage, Platnum, Diaz , and alot of the older members do put time and effort in , so why shouldn't everyone else. And i hate the fact that the decent work usually gets ignored.. and 5 minute sigs get 30 odd posts in a topic.

Anyways here is the sig : Pretty simple , i'm not sure about it.

Or:

And everyone: This is a grunge background, Depth, Layers, Blending, Difference in certain areas. It's not ! Filter render clouds either!

very very nice! i am liking it a lot. i can never get grunge to come out well. oh well, im one of those people your talking about that just suck i guess. . .:-(
    If you want help...
    Screw you
    If you make sigs...
    Screw you

Very nice indeed, has a lot of depth which is missing in most of ppls grunge sigs on this forum, impressive. Its nice that you agree with what i said in my topic. People who use filter -> clouds/difference clouds then stick in any old text aren't really artists. My pet chipmonk could do that blindfolded. Those of you who are members of bluesfear will know that people who do that are looked upon very dim. They are reffered to as filter whores. Use filters, fair enough, but dont make everything out of filters, give it some depth, contrast, blending modes, layer styles, theres so much to work with, use them!

You sure got a point crofty and I think that you're right!, people should spent more time making their sigs/pictures.

over to your grunge work: I like the first, colored one. I like the "scratched" look, and I think you've done a good job on that. I like that wellblendedface to the left. I still like the last one more, the darker (plain bg), green one. Really cool! I love it. I know it's maybe the same but still not. Looks better anyway ^^. You should make a sig out of that one. I'm having a hard time understand how to do that, but I want to. Well, I'll just have to keep trying =) Great job, I love it.

yeah, that is nice grunge and interesting blending

your right about people spending more time on sigs but remember - if we all just look at the amazing sigs then we cant help people improve their bad sigs.. but youve got a point- some sigs jsut get ignored

Idont know what to say... They all look really good! And you're right.. Most of them here just stick to tutorials, and never try making sth on their own... B)
    Keep honking. I'm reloading.

lol seeing your grunge i thought i would go for a grungy approuch ..

only thing is the text in this isn't great .. got any fonts that you think are good for this?

all you need to do to the font is add a stroke and itd be fine... but you shouldnt really post your work on another persons topic ( trust me.. )

Did you use brushing? ... if you didn't then try it... you need quite alot of layers for grunge though.

Lightbulb

Originally posted by Crofty@Mar 6 2005, 03:54 PM
    Did you use brushing? ... if you didn't then try it... you need quite alot of layers for grunge though.
    [snapback]14520[/snapback]
    do you know anywhere I can get goot grunge-brushes from? I never find any good, that's why I can't make grunge sigs