> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Cannabis

Yes, another thread about marijuana. I felt this was needed since, well. the last Thread was mostly to get people to talk about it.

Cannabis to me is a few things, a passion, a Culture, a medical miracle, an amazing plant and has helped me to open my mind and find out some truths about the world. One of them is the truth that marijuana is really more good than bad. and although i'm not going to try and explain how all bad and good is irrelevant depending on who the person is. Id still like it to be discussed.

So now for some intellectual conversation hopefully. Please if your going to Post anything negative about cannabis make sure to do so and include were you got your information from, since i like to learn. If there are any problems that can come from Cannabis id like to know myself.

I personally hate weed, i have stated this again and will say it again. Before smoking my friends were cool, they actually did things; like sports, playing cards, etc... But now they do nothing but talk about weed and smoke. I dont know how much you smoke but these are kids that do it before school and after school a couple of times. It has also lead them to do worse things like taking pills, a couple people i knew even OD' during school and one had to get his stomach pumped. To some it up theyre all lazy, boring, stupid, and now have a passion for crappy music. Positives anyone?

edit
    a quote from a 'friend' i thought was needed. from his profile.
    What do i say to this? Grow up.

The things I believe in are logical. Like the length of my hair. The less hair on the head, the more hair inside. Wear a crewcut and you have all that hair cluttering around your brain. I let my hair grow long to be wise and free to think ... Or religion. Got no religion. Tried a bunch of different religions. The churches are divided. Can't make up their minds, and neither can I. Never saw a god; can't say until I see one.[/b]
    This is me.

Well perhaps you just don't understand things on the same level.
    Your friend's are still doing things. In fact; there smoking pot, and that's better than playing an organized game of running around on a field for no point at all. At least in my honest opinion. Besides personal adrenaline rushes and the self satisfaction that your better than someone else's competition is far not worth all that effort of listing to other peoples rules. Think, you could be getting stoned and playing games that have very few rules. Like find money for pizza under the couch. haha.

i think i would much rather enjoy some cannabis and listen to music or talk with people and share ideas and thoughts than play any card game. Playing cards is what people do when they have nothing else to do, Or are wishing to gamble.

So pot has led them to other drugs? this is so illogical I'm not going to begin to explain.. Hmmm. so eating, living, breathing, walking outside All this leads to other drugs too. In fact, anything can lead to other drugs. the only truth pot can lead to other drugs, is that once your open to the black market, your free to buy any thing. Coke, ecstasy, heroine, crack, meth. This all does not come from smoking pot, not a result from smoking pot. In fact the only reason anyone would ever take another drug, would be to take another drug. I think chemicals are horrible, man made drugs god made medicine. Santana said that.

So there all lazy, boring, and dumb?
    I think your friends info is pretty funny, he was obviously being sarcastic, and wrote it to make people laugh. Hell i understood it. Maybe you should look in the mirror next time you call someone stupid. Either that or think twice before saying/typing it.

Hmm. so now you're the judge on whats good music and whats bad music? wake up and find out there are millions of people in the world. With all their own musical tastes. Myself i enjoy music, with spiritual lyrics and meanings. (Santana, yes, grateful dead). as well as amazing guitar players that have spent years learning how to play amazing solo's and amazing songs.
    Maybe you haven't ever even listened to the music they do. Have you really listened to it? Most music has a message behind it you know. hard to believe its not just for personal enjoyment.

Few gravity bongs at lunch makes my next class a much more enjoyable learning experience. Go home and smoke a few bowls and than listen to some Yes and do my homework. Good day of school, in fact if you knew how great you feel after getting right stoned with a gravity bong, you'd agree 100% with me that it's a brilliant idea.

So to sum it up, you should grow up and just maybe don't hold such a grudge on something just because it's illegal. Bet you wouldn't be upset with them for drinking a cup of coffee every morning. (which by the way is more addictive and in my opinion a worse of a drug than cannabis is.)

Same Here.
    Well they are so much my friends but they are people i used to hang around with and speak to a lot, after starting weed they just went fucked up, cocky and selfish. They don't care about their friends and have thrown their education away.

Sure in most cases it is harmless but not all, and its suposed to cause scitzofrenia (~sp) and similar problems if its smoked for many years.

Well perhaps you just don't understand things on the same level.
    Your friend's are still doing things. In fact; there smoking pot.[/b]
    lol, thats all they do and thats not much.

So pot has led them to other drugs? this is so illogical I'm not going to begin to explain.. Hmmm. so eating, living, breathing, walking outside All this leads to other drugs too.
    [/b]
    I'll give you eating and breathing, but they don't go outside.

So there all lazy, boring, and dumb?
    I think your friends info is pretty funny, he was obviously being sarcastic, and wrote it to make people laugh. Hell i understood it. Maybe you should look in the mirror next time you call someone stupid. Either that or think twice before saying/typing it.
    [/b]
    No, you don't know him, he was being serious...

Hmm. so now you're the judge on whats good music and whats bad music? wake up and find out there are millions of people in the world. With all their own musical tastes. Myself i enjoy music, with spiritual lyrics and meanings. (Santana, yes, grateful dead). as well as amazing guitar players that have spent years learning how to play amazing solo's and amazing songs.
    Maybe you haven't ever even listened to the music they do. Have you really listened to it? Most music has a message behind it you know. hard to believe its not just for personal enjoyment.
    [/b]
    All a matter of opinion I think its eye gouge worthy; you like it.

. Bet you wouldn't be upset with them for drinking a cup of coffee every morning. (which by the way is more addictive and in my opinion a worse of a drug than cannabis is.)[/b]
    Correct, because they are still, which none of your arguments were viable agaisnt, lazy and boring.
    This is me.

Well, it's still your personal opinion if there lazy and boring. I bet there other friends find them quite entertaining.

Cannabis is a medicine :P It's been used for thousands of years as a pain-reliever and for headaches. According to my nursing friend, cannabis extracts have been used to treat Multiple Sclerosis patients, and has been known to reduce blockages in arteries. It also has been used in Canada to relieve the intense nausea of chemo patients.

Cannabis is beneficial, so why isn't it widely used? It's because many feel that more research needs to be done before it can be used, but that research is being hampered by the governments, since they would rather stick to their ideals rather than provide a potentially good medicine.
    It's MORPHIN' time!
    github
    deviantART
    Last.FM
    carrotderek

My 'friends' just sit around and say the same fucking phrases over and over again. "True" "True shit" "Nice hit". 3 of them got caught about 2 weeks ago by the cops. So far nothing positive happend for them and its been a year or two.
    This is me.

Its legal in the UK

Well aslong as its smoked in private.

Somewhere much better than where you are.

Drugs = pointless. (unless it's for medicinal purposes)

Smoking = pointless.

Alcahol = pointless.

None of these things benefit you, they may for a few seconds but ultimately it shortens your life and damages your health, which therefore means they are pointless. Unless you think self harm has a point.