» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Thread: The Difference

Ok. My main thing to saqy would be... Work slower, take a look at it every now and again, do the colours fit, do they look right? Make sure the sizes of everything look right ( if there was a planet that close to earth we'd be doomed ) . How many focal points do you have, this peice has 2, which is bad. You want either the bottom or somewhere in the space scene to be your focal point, not both.

Finer points... when you make your planet, colour it realistically, also try to add some lightsource and atmosphere in space, this doesn&#39;t mean add a huge oversized nebula like some people do, something subtle, that reflects on your planet&#39;s atmosphere. Also yuse more then one texture on your planet map, if you do that it won&#39;t look so similar in all the places, and it&#39;ll hopefully have more depth. And... the colour, is very un natural. How many planets are that saturated? :P When you do a starfield, try not to use so many stars, or use diffferent levels of brightness, think. You wouldn&#39;t be able to see stars dierectly behind a planet, and you&#39;d be able to see more ( in this case ) in the top right, some small clusters etc etc would be good there. Your starfield looks like you used one or two brushes on scatter >.< .

The terragen is ok, but if you were going for realism you lost it, only in the colour though, terraspace / terragen looks better when it&#39;s a natural looking colour, this is kinda too saturated ( as is the planet ).

Dunno if i should write anymore then that :P

Is this your first space art? ^_^

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dale &#064; May 1 2006, 02&#58;05 PM) [snapback]167275[/snapback]</div>
    Ok. My main thing to saqy would be... Work slower, take a look at it every now and again, do the colours fit, do they look right? Make sure the sizes of everything look right ( if there was a planet that close to earth we&#39;d be doomed ) . How many focal points do you have, this peice has 2, which is bad. You want either the bottom or somewhere in the space scene to be your focal point, not both.

Finer points... when you make your planet, colour it realistically, also try to add some lightsource and atmosphere in space, this doesn&#39;t mean add a huge oversized nebula like some people do, something subtle, that reflects on your planet&#39;s atmosphere. Also yuse more then one texture on your planet map, if you do that it won&#39;t look so similar in all the places, and it&#39;ll hopefully have more depth. And... the colour, is very un natural. How many planets are that saturated? :P When you do a starfield, try not to use so many stars, or use diffferent levels of brightness, think. You wouldn&#39;t be able to see stars dierectly behind a planet, and you&#39;d be able to see more ( in this case ) in the top right, some small clusters etc etc would be good there. Your starfield looks like you used one or two brushes on scatter >.< .

The terragen is ok, but if you were going for realism you lost it, only in the colour though, terraspace / terragen looks better when it&#39;s a natural looking colour, this is kinda too saturated ( as is the planet ).

Dunno if i should write anymore then that :P

Is this your first space art? ^_^
    [/b]
    Nah it&#39;s like my fifth time or something :unsure:
    But thanks for this, it really helps, all though I don&#39;t understand some things but I&#39;m sure Ben will help me :P.

Thanks again