» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Thread: Laptop Info

Is a Intel Celeron M 380(1.6GHz) processor slow for a laptop? for desktops that sure seems vary slow.

Also can an Intel GMA900 intergrated graphics card handle anything 3D? Like 6 year old games maybe? I've read a bit on it and vary low rattings for current med games. Though that's what I would expect.

And last will a 4200rpm Harddrive slow it down quite a bit? I saw most laptops had 5400rpms and the highest 7200.

Info appreciated.

the gma900 is alright. i played fable with it. at the lowest settings, and it was a tad slow...but it worked.

Resident father figure.

is the ATI RADEON Xpress X200M better than it?

no
    Resident father figure.

The processor seems ok for small, light apps, probably not best for multi-tasking, and you probably wont notice the Hard drive lag for what you should be doing with a weak computer like that.
    Latest:

Thanks for the info guys.

There's something else I forgot. Do you know how I could find a battery for a toshiba A105-S2001 model. I havent' been able to find that model for a batterier.

Here's one of the sites i was looking at http://www.laptopbattery.net/toshiba/

The battery that comes with this laptop lasts an hour and ahalf I wanted one that could at least last 4 hours. If longer I would be happier .

Thanks again.

1.6GHz seems kinda low, I have a laptop and it has a 3.46GHz processer.

Yeah I know I actually got one with a Intel Celeron M390 (1.7GHz) which has been rated to run as a 2.0. still that seems very slow, but I'm not spending that much on it.

I could have got one with a 3.0 processor or a bit higher but the video card was terrible, and there was no warranty on it. Also it was limited in quite a few other areas such as memory and harddrive. So pretty much you were paying for just the processor in that thing :P.

I still probably could have found a way better deal if I looked a bit longer but right now i'm just really wanting to get this one to work good for homework, videos, and really old games. That's why I'm trying to get a batter that can last at least 4 hours, if longer better but I haven't been having any luck on the sites I've found.