Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Thread: Keen Koi

PLEASE READ FIRST!

Only reply if:
    -Your point has value, ie. OMGz0r thaytz cool! is not acceptable
    -You're not a signiture whore
    -Finally this has been done with no brushing (except the ones i made[simple grunge]), no filters (except blur) and i even vectored the koi myself (was about 3000 x 1000 then downsized..

<div align="center">

From childhood&#39;s hour I have not been
    As others were, I have not seen
    As others saw, I could not bring
    My passions from a common spring
    From the same source I have not taken
    My sorrow, I could not awaken,
    My heart to joy at the same tone,
    And all I lov&#39;d, I lov&#39;d alone,
    Then, in my childhood, in the dawn
    Of a most stormy life, was drawn
    From ev&#39;ry depth of good and ill,
    The mystery which binds me still
    From the torrent, or the fountain,
    From the red cliff of the mountain
    From the sun that &#39;round me roll&#39;d,
    In its autumn tint of gold
    From the lightning in the sky
    As it pass&#39;d me flying by
    From the thunder, and the storm,
    And the cloud that took the form,
    (When the rest of Heaven was blue)
    Of a demon in my view.

Poem by Edgar Allen Poe

</div>
    deaz\dxloa\dxedr

Somewhere much better than where you are.

Well I&#39;m not sure if I should reply because I could be called a "signature whore" as you so delicately put it, butI&#39;m dipping my hand into C4D ect and stuff. Anyway. I think it has a very nice soft look to it, and the colours are appeasing to the eye, also nice job on the vector. If I had to say one bad thing about it, it would be that the riverbed plant (if thats what it&#39;s supposed to be) faded into black a bit to suddenly imo, if you made the colours fade a bit slower that would be nice, if you know what i mean.

Well...it looks pretty nice, colours match underwater nicely but the thing looks kinda simple to do,, I dont say its bad but doesnt get my attention and I think the light reflection on the fish is wrong

OMGz0r thaytz koolz&#33;&#33;

I like it, but the only thing is that the shadow on the front end of the fish seems a little not soft enough.

4-8-15-16-23-42 - SOTW #78

if you look i tried a darker green to show a prominant shadow on the grass but i&#39;ll go give it a try nice spotting..

@Predator - yeah i&#39;ll maybe see how that goes but that&#39;s the effect i was looking for, with it being quite hard..

EDIT: tried a darker shadowing on the grass, give it more depth .. but the idea i was going for is that the koi is a lot lower than the grass by giving it that shadow and if you read the poem you&#39;ll see why it should be further down.. and alone plus the light is seeping through the grass so more light for it.. but i took it into consideration and made a newer one with more depth on the grass and softened up the fish a little too not much of a noticable difference. (edit is up top)
    deaz\dxloa\dxedr

Only thing I can suggest is b/c of you lighting in the bottom left you should brighten up koi more where the light would be hitting him. The edges look a little rough on him as well, maybe brush over him with a soft brush, with a color that suites the signature, and loewer the opacity.
    This is me.

meh i think the orange works well.. and i don&#39;t think i&#39;ve ever seen a cold coloured carp

oh and i&#39;m thinking of making this into a 3d project like the koi swims up to the grass (pretty realistic btw) and just pecks about like fish do.. then it slowly transfers to the right and then &#39;deadloader&#39; will glow out of the darkness.. then the koi will swim passed and go to the grass and the animation will start over.. i&#39;ll work on making this into a 3d thing now..
    deaz\dxloa\dxedr

OMZZ so kewwl like,.

In themiddle the background bright, and is a lightsource, but the fish is dark at that spot??

yeah it&#39;s looking up at the fish, so therefore if the light source is above it the bottom would be in shade.. so therefore.. it&#39;s shaded
    deaz\dxloa\dxedr

I like it very and and I especially like the colors. I like how your name is very subtle. I love how it flows and I like the &#39;feel&#39; that it has to it. Maybe you can add a bit of light behind the fish. Don&#39;t know how that would work out, ut it&#39;s just a suggestion. Very nice.