Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Started using C4D and this is what I've done for first project ever:
    3 camera angles:

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b307/Lor...s/Marbles-1.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b307/Lor...s/Marbles-2.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b307/Lor...s/Marbles-3.jpg

Ofcourse there are mistakes but I've got the demo version so cant safe any project so I must take a screenshot and worked out in photoshop

C+C

I remember seeing a tutorial or something for this.

Still a good job. Try moving up to some block modeling, or some scene modelling. (Try to make some walls, with lights, windows, and such)

Try to get 3dsm or Maya, or even blender. All three are great for more "advanced" modelling.

C4D can do advanced aswell, just easier to use. Quite nice renders wouldn't be much use in a seperate piece would look great on their own.

OOh.. very nice.. i wouild get into C4D, but it is a very difficult piece of software to handle

yeah I used a tut for the marble then just fized somethings, as I said it is my first work with c4d but Ill be exploring more.... what do ya mean by Quite nice renders wouldn't be much use in a seperate piece would look great on their own. ???
    If could had save the file I would have done a nice backround too but sry I cant I need to get the full program !!!

anymore comments ??

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lord_badass &#064; Jun 24 2006, 03&#58;05 PM) [snapback]175599[/snapback]</div>
    yeah I used a tut for the marble then just fized somethings, as I said it is my first work with c4d but Ill be exploring more.... what do ya mean by Quite nice renders wouldn&#39;t be much use in a seperate piece would look great on their own. ???
    If could had save the file I would have done a nice backround too but sry I cant I need to get the full program &#33;&#33;&#33;

anymore comments ??
    [/b]

Well, as for what he means, the marbles probably wouldn&#39;t do any good in a sig or something was what I think he was trying to say, but I don&#39;t think that&#39;s true. You might want to consider adding more variation onto the tutorials and not making them exactly what the tutorial looks like. Also, I would suggest switching from c4d to Blender, it&#39;s a nicer program in my opinion. Bryce is also pretty good for 3d newbies, maybe you should give that a shot.

I&#39;ve made some of these before, they&#39;re cool. Try making ones with different coloured glass orbs aswell as the outer layer Did you make the animated one on the tut? Also try experimenting with the cutout shapes, can turn out quite cool

I tried to change the whole marble but ended up with a mess that didnt match nicely and as I cant save my progress then I decided to just make the one on the tut....Ill try blender then, they say its free, or not ?

Cool marbles. Nice job with the experimentation.

And yup blender is free.

Link:
    http://www.blender.org/cms/Home.2.0.html