> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PISSES ME OFF.

Have you seen these new commercials. It's inferring Windows is a terrible OS, Windows users are stupid, and Macintosh performs better. No, as a matter of fact it's incorrect. Windows is an amazing OS, you just need a firewall before you ever release your computer on to the web, I dont see how you can get a virus on windows... Unless your a complete moron, and that I can agree with.

Somewhere much better than where you are.

Good point I hate the way it tries to make us sensible windows users look inferior, Also it seems that most Macintosh platforms have the processing power of a penis.

It's just marketing.

But windows deffinetly isn't a great OS. It's just what you're used to. There's really only a handful of options, it's not like you have much to compare it to. And unless you've run linux, BSD, OS2Warp, and BeOS you're really only comparing between MacOS and Windows. Most of the people that say macOS sucks have only used it a few times, for school or etc. If you've spent any real time on MacOS then you'd learn to appreciate it for what it is. They each have their good and bad points.
    Resident father figure.

Somewhere much better than where you are.

MacOS is overall a better OS than Windows, But I'm one of those poeple who wants raw power and performance on their system, therefore Apple= big no.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SgtSwabs &#064; Jun 28 2006, 03&#58;51 PM) [snapback]176636[/snapback]</div>
    MacOS is overall a better OS than Windows, But I&#39;m one of those poeple who wants raw power and performance on their system, therefore Apple= big no.
    [/b]
    They&#39;re different systems. you can&#39;t compare them like that... as a metaphor ... imagine you have an old camaro putting out 400hp. And race it against a 200hp import. The cars, when raced, are evenly matched. because of weight, transmissions, suspension, effeciency, etc. etc. the same can be said for the PC to Mac debate. The mac numbers look weak compared to a similarly priced PC, but when compared side by side they&#39;re pretty evenly matched.
    Resident father figure.

I&#39;ve run almost every OS there is, I was merely comparing the two =).

I still would be under Ubuntu if it wasn&#39;t for Photoshop.

Ubuntu > OSX > XP

When people put down Windows it pisses me off. I don&#39;t favor one more than another b/c im not fucking going to try another. WTF is wrong with Windows? No normal human being needs anything else.
    This is me.

I don&#39;t hate windows. I don&#39;t hate MAC OS. I&#39;m use to windows, so I&#39;m sticking to it.

I would go linux (i have multiple times sucessfully), but my parents bitch and complain.

So... with that said.

I think theres more options these days with windows machins, then mac machines. There more support, more software, ALOT more gaming, and just overall more 3rd party software and hardware.

Personally, (between windows, and mac) im a windows man.

Although those commercials lie so much. = /

those are kinna funny but untrue

cuz it depend on the user

dum user=bad comp

smart user=good comp

doesn&#39;t matter on the OS if u ask me
    ..The Dream.

SOTW #73 Winner