» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

so i'm at this crazy camp called SIG, where basically you get to take a bunch of classes on anything you could want, so one of my classes is a digital photography class, with an emphasis on photo-manipulation.

unfortunatly the class is way more basic then i expected, most of the kids in it dont know anything about photoshop, so they're amazed by the simplest things, like using the liquify tool to bulge out someones eyes.

and it just made me realize how far i've come in a year or two, sure i'm still no where near professional level, but compared to most high school age kids, even alot of the void noobs have l33t skillz.

/agree

i feel the same way. in my web page design class, i sat next to the kid who the teacher asked all the questions to.

"Hey Matt, how do you do this?" and "Hey Matt, what's DreamWeaver?!"

idiots, ftw.

Thats angers me.

Teachers are teaching classes, that they aren't even qualified to teach. Mostly art classes, technology, and such.

I don't really see how they are teaching.

Anywho, yeah. People are amazed by simple things. I design a simple logo,(even basic shapes), and these people are amazed?

I know how you feel.

Yeah.. people get amazed by the simplest things if they dont know howto do stuff. Heck, this guy in my class spent 6months (like every break in school) workin on a flash movie, that SUCKS, yet everyone loves it. lol. I printed off something for a comp. and this guy is still convinced that I downloaded a photograph n put my name on it.

lawl.

reminds me of when i was in primary school year 4.. i drew a flower (i still have it) and you could almost swear it was a black and white photo that had been artistic filtered on photoshop (you know the one which looks like a pencil) like it was sooo coool.. i might post it.. then this random girl makes a shit flower with like circly edges and a big circle for the pollen area.. and she gets props! fucking yeah right! gayyy

also in my graphics class.. i mean dude no offence to newbs on the void for calling them noobs, but god damn you guys can put them to shame.. also the teacher i had knew nothing about fundementals in graphics, the structure behind it, and how not every piece of 5 minute photoshop work(shit) needs a followup of writing the size of the taiwan 101 towers .. it aggrivates me to think how fucked up school is and actually made me realise how wrong the school is and opened a door to seeing how corrupt schools are too, it's all bullshit.. but yeah i too have noticed how i think i'm shit yet compared to beginners .. wow i'm pretty high up..
    deaz\dxloa\dxedr

I don't see why you guys all complain that your design/digital art/etc classes are too easy? it's highschool. Hell I was bored with physics class, and I don't do anything related to science. If you want to be challenged, that's what college is for.
    Resident father figure.

It annoys me how art teachers think the outcome of filters look cooll and professional. I mean.. come on :mellow: The only filters i use are sharpen, and add noise. Maybe sometimes lighting effects and one of the blurs.

i use filters, they're good.. but doing render > clouds - colourize - add a shit game render isn't art..
    deaz\dxloa\dxedr

Well you have to keep in mind that its meant to be an introductory course, taught to people who don't know any of this dealy-o. The teacher shouldn't have to be a wizard to teach basic stuff.

It's MORPHIN' time!
    github
    deviantART
    Last.FM
    carrotderek

Well at my school we have a computer graphics class and my friend had never sed illustrator before and did this... I was impressed, I guess the teacher might be good.
    This is me.