> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Back into art...

Been working on some stuff recently, most of it is just experimenting, ya know.. haven't done any art for 4 months ish.. so i was getting used to photo shop again

Done this one last night, about 2 hours or so of just loads of shapes and colours i don't wanna spend anymore time on it, but critique is still useful

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/37343984/

This one was like. . another 2-3 hour job.. i don't like it much now.. looks really rough, i might redo it nice and big (I made it at a really small size...) http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/36810245/

This was a like...40min speedpaint, i like the moody weirdo look, heh...
    http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/37020302/

And this will be my best peice yet ( in theory ) when finished. It'll probably be all black and white and glossy... spent a few hours so far on it, a while to go.. . need my tablet for this one though
    http://img282.imageshack.us/img282/5...update9jh9.jpg

Sorry for the amnount of stuff in the post. . but it's better then me making loads of topics, comments on dA are greatly appreciated Anyways... yeah.. i better get alot of replies... Or else

Not got the energy to comment in detail on them all but overall they are all Very nice. Isolation has got to my fav.

1st: Boy have you been sniffing at the cars gas tank again? Looks a bit like someone got a little high or something! Overall it's okay. Not the best.

2nd: Whats that middle thing there, whippersnapper?

3rd: Boy, those clouds are thick! A little dull, but I guess clouds can be at times! Nice effort, whippersnapper!

4th: Thats mighty nice, boy, I would like to see the end result!

In all respect, you did mighty fine!
    I like to think that I'm a gentleman, but I doubt that I actually am because I can be a real ass-hole at times. I try not to b**** much and I always help the unfortunate, but I really actually hate you all deep down in my heart.

Very nice, normally when i get back into photoshop I cant remember how to do anything. Using a Tablet is cheating BTW

How is it cheating? Just because i have the resources available, to create better art, i'm cheating. You try and paint with a mouse, yeah. I win.

I made some of them with a laptop though... stupid laptop pads... >><

Good stuff Dale. I'd have to agree with Ben and say that the second one is the best. In the fourth one, the dragon is done really well but it looks more in the background to make an overall good "piece". Really good stuff man. I'd love to see more.

http://img282.imageshack.us/img282/5...update9jh9.jpg

Looks very good this far, can't wait to see it finnished! The rest looks good to.

Quote Originally Posted by 2xsess
    Very nice, normally when i get back into photoshop I cant remember how to do anything. Using a Tablet is cheating BTW
    Why is it cheating? Some people find it hard to paint with their computer mouse, which in most cases are the reason they buy a tablet.

I wish I had a tablet.
    I like to think that I'm a gentleman, but I doubt that I actually am because I can be a real ass-hole at times. I try not to b**** much and I always help the unfortunate, but I really actually hate you all deep down in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Elder-Bunny
    I wish I had a tablet.
    If you decide to buy one, don't buy a too big
    I have a Wacom Graphire4 Classic XL A5, and it is more than enough.

(I would rather have bought a A6 but since it isn't completely mine (whole family) they decided to buy a bigger)
    Last edited by shajn; 08-04-2006 at 09:58 AM.

Tablets are not cheating tools, they are tools used by professional and aspiring artists to aid in precision and efficiency. Anyone who thinks using a tablet is cheating, is simply a person with no knowledge of art at all. I bought an A5, and I feel an A6 would have been adequate but it is still very nice.
    Last edited by Daemon_; 08-04-2006 at 07:30 AM.