Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Sig

Default New Sig

New sig (for my brother)...

I really think it needs some work, but i'm not sure what. I like the font, but it's kinda sketch... oh well,

C&C please.

I can't read the text. That is a problem. Well, after trying harder it looks like 'concealed.' But I shouldn't have to try that hard to read it, so that needs to be fixed. Also, the image is lower quality than the background. Though that's hard to fix, at least try increasing contrast or messing with levels (see if auto levels helps). Lacks a border too. I do like the background though.

you're right about the concealed part, but i kind of like the hard to read text. it makes it more...concealed... . i thought that may be an issue though. i'm really lacking on the borders though, i can't seem to think of anything other than a black 5px border... ideas? yeah, i actually had to resize the image, (it's vincent from Dirge of Cerberus, the FF-VII RPG Shooter...) i think it also looks low quality because my blend is very low quality.

and thanks, i really like the background as well. some grunge brushes i picked up along the way at deviantart.com (can't remember which packs though...quite a bit...) actually, i have a 550x550 canvas of that background if you would like it!

For a border, I always prefer 1 px black. It's simple and easy. I tend to dislike sophisticated borders because they take far too much of the attention. For instance if you had an awesome looking tech border my eyes would be attracted to it before any other part of the sig. And they probably wouldn't be paying much attention to anything else with such a great border. But the border isn't the point of the sig, in your case, it's Vincent. 1 px border does it's job of unifying and completing the sig just fine; no one ever actually looks at them either.

ha, i agree. 1px black borders ftw. :D

speaking of sigs, you have an AWESOME sig... :D i'm not even sure what that is, but it's raw as hell...

Flash? PS? Other? :D I'd love to know...

Thanks, photoshop then imageready.

It's from Zelda.

Another thing about your sig is that it's really red. And you know that. But I think you should try out some other colors. Just a suggestion, not sure if it'll turn out alright or not for this particular sig. Try out complementary or tertiary colors to red, see if they look alright.

i'd have that for a pet in a SECOND.

yes, i know my signature is really red, but no...i didn't even consider changing the colors! maybe i should try that...i'll mess around with it and see how it goes.

as far as sigs go, what do you think of my current sig? like? dislike? Horus gave me some suggestions and i changed it accordingly...C&C

:EDIT:

Check the new Avatar! !
    Last edited by Galazilron; 08-25-2006 at 10:20 PM.

It's pretty good, not amazing. Better than the last time I saw it though. Still the dude looks a little too sharp I think, scratch that everything save the text looks too sharp. Maybe it's personal preference. Great job on the text though, good use of color for emphasis.

yeah, i know what you're saying about being too sharp...the problem was that the bricks were hand done with a brush and it was hard to make them any smoother, so i attempted to match the guy (Anthony Kiedis, Red Hot Chili Peppers) with the bricks. and the font doesn't exactly match but what can ya do right?!

Completely new...

This is such an improvement from the last... i like very much!

my favorite is the faded borders.

C&C?