Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default for all the borderless sigs out there

for all them sigs that seem to be missing something
    and all it really needs is 1 pixel around the outside
    my battle winning animation

Unfortunately that only holds true on darker sigs. Try it on a light sig and you'll no doubt ruin it. Sometimes an overlay border works, as long as it doesn't have too much contrast. Then there's the option of no border, which does work more often than one may think (my latest is an example of this). However you've already stated that it's only for those that seem to be missing something, so that point isn't necessary. But that does bring up an important point; do not add a border just for the hell of it, rather only if it appears to be missing.

It does not ruin light sigs...
    Your talking out of your ass.

Of course it would, it's only common sense. Using black on a light sig wouldn't make much sense because black isn't light. Thus it stands out too much against everything that is light. Take a look at the following:

This has no border obviously, but to me that doesn't look problematic at all (yes it does look incomplete, but that's because I quickly threw this together for an example).

This is with a black border, and as stated above, the black is very distracting. It just doesn't work.

Though I still prefer borderless, this border works much better than the black one, because it doesn't take away any attention from the actual sig.

I hope you agree that the black one was the worst by far, and if not, then we've reached an impasse and it's pointless to argue further.

Quote Originally Posted by jsoosiah View Post
    I hope you agree that the black one was the worst by far, and if not, then we've reached an impasse and it's pointless to argue further.
    Yep we have ^^ i think the one with the black borders looks "best".

Somewhere much better than where you are.

I agree with Dragoneye, I personnaly think you are speaking out of your arse Jsoosiah.

I don't think a black border works for everything, but a border of somekind, is always nice.

i try to flow colors with my sigs, i usually get a color from inside the sig itself so it matches :P. Black always works fine it matches everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Chivalry View Post
    i try to flow colors with my sigs, i usually get a color from inside the sig itself so it matches :P. Black always works fine it matches everything.

lawl oversized period

I don't think anyone's talkin' out of anyone's ass (except me, I do it constantly) but I do think the one up there with the black border looks best. And black borders DON'T work on everything. Sometimes a black border just doesn't look nice. But more often than not, they help a sig.
    I like my women like I like my coffee! Ground up and in the freezer.