> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Default 9/11: 5 years later

So here we are five years later.

I'm just wondering where you were this day five years ago, what you were doing, how you felt, and how you feel now.

Myself, I was on my way to work and I stopped at the local A&W for a coffee before hopping on a bus, and I caught a re-play on CNN showing the planes crashing into the twin towers. I was in shock pretty much, and I really didn't believe what had happend.

I spent the day at work, with my co-workers watching TV, and reality sank in slowly. We closed our buisness for the day and tried to understand how and why.

I never knew anyone personally who was in the towers at the time, but I felt like I did, and I still do.

Still to this day, I find it hard to understand why people would do such a thing. I think we have come a long way since 9/11, but we still have such a long way to go.

My heart goes out to all the victims, friends, family, and to all the firefighters, and other people involved in the 9/11 tragedy.

Thanks.
    Prick.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Method View Post

My heart goes out to all the victims, friends, family, and to all the firefighters, and other people involved in the 9/11 tragedy.
    I was 11 so i didn't think about it to much but i remember coming home from school and seeing it on the news and talking about it for ageeeeees.

ok i know exactly what i said thought and felt back then, i came home from school like ben and saw it on the news it was a tuesday or a wednesday but tuesday comes to mind.. i turned to my mom and told her how much the american government sucks.. now don't start a flame war on this but that's what i said and to be honest i wasn't phased by it all i mean a few seconds of shock really that was all..
    deaz\dxloa\dxedr

I was in 7th grade, 5th period, art and I was pissed as fuck. I felt and feel so bad for the victims and their familys.
    This is me.

Quote Originally Posted by deadloader View Post
    ok i know exactly what i said thought and felt back then, i came home from school like ben and saw it on the news it was a tuesday or a wednesday but tuesday comes to mind.. i turned to my mom and told her how much the american government sucks.. now don't start a flame war on this but that's what i said and to be honest i wasn't phased by it all i mean a few seconds of shock really that was all..
    dude that's pretty lame...

well i was 10 at the time, i had just woken up and i stumbled into the living room and saw on the news that a plane crashed into one of the towers, then i watched as the second one hit. it took a little for reality to sink in, i was confused and kind of scared. the marine corps base i lived on went to lockdown andno one could leave or enter. i was kinda glad not to have to go to school though.

It started before school started here. (like earlier in the morning)

We didn't do a single thing at school that day. We watched the news all day. I thought the whole country was being bombed at first.

i was only 9 years old, i was at school and my mum came to pick me up and she looked quite white and sad and was talking to my friends mum and i listened in on their converstaon and heard all about the twin towers and i fealt dreadful..i was sooo sad after i heard it
    but i was so curious why people have to kill others...its stupid
    When all else fails...dance.