> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Sprite Sigs 2006...by > .PMI...

I plan on making image sprites of King of the Fighters action and animated / stilled .GIFs, and incorporate a sig/tag collection of sorts. With or without full animation, and the sigs/tags will be sized according to all of the animation frames or size of the sprite. Nothing will be cropped or cut off at the borders. Full view according to the .GIFs size range and boundries. Here are three that I've crafted so far....

V1 Unanimated PNG Version

V2 Animated GIF Version

As I'll make them, and produce the images, I'll add them to my Sig Gallery on my Site's Page, and/or herein and update 10 images per thread post here in this page...

Big uppin's to all sprite artists, and also to those that have in this past week, asked me to make some Sprite Sigs/Tags, to see how I fair in that arena. :thumbsup: ...and thinking about what one individual said in one of his Sprite Threads in the Showroom, I'm starting to like "negative space", as well.

As Far As The V1 & V2 Sprite Sigs...
    I was just shocked, that the first animated version that I made of this sig, the size was under 70KB...usually, it should have been greater. This one presented here is like 180KB....which is normal.

Some folks would just drop a background as an underlayer...but, this one was tricky. If I would have done that, his legs and body would be over the brushes and the C4D parts. I wanted to keep it true to the 1st sig, the unanimated version, and have his body blend in and be interworked within the brushes and C4D's...so, ImageReady was used, and instead of placing each animation frame in one by one, I just linked the entire animation of frames, drag/dropped, and placed the linked line of animation frames in the same space as the unanimated sprite. Then, I went through all 49 frames/layers of animation, and turned them all on, according to the animation flows.

Took me about 30 minutes for that...So, now you not only have the RED as the focal point, but the animation which will keep your visuals stayed on that area, namely the main sprited character used in this signature...
    Last edited by gfx-v.PMI; 10-01-2006 at 12:49 PM. Reason: ...added 2more Sprite Sigs...to the thread...

Uh..no offense but I don't like any of them :'(

Quote Originally Posted by -NuKe- View Post
    Uh..no offense but I don't like any of them :'(
    ^Good. Everyone is not SUPPOSED to like it...and you shouldn't feel guilty about it, bro. Thanks for your comment. Some will like it, and that's cool....and others will not...and that's cool as well. Remember that.

Added 2 more Sprite sigs... See the first post thread....
    Last edited by gfx-v.PMI; 10-01-2006 at 12:48 PM.

um, they are huge, in both kb and physical size (wait, and a digital picture has a "physical size"?... nevermind..). #1 has a good color scheme, and the animation is clean. #2 is a bit more simple, it would work best as a much smaller sig (and whats with the bars on the right?). #3, colors clash too much, it just doesnt work. the second animated one, it just is a sprite put in front of a brushed bg, nothing at all special (the animation isnt the best on that one also). the last non-animated 2 sig are again nothing at all special, this time the sprite isnt animated. the last sig is by far the best of all of them. the colors are good (find a better stock tho, yours is blurry. but that could be because its animated also), placement is well done, and the animation is not only clean (she snaps back a tad bit fast for my liking tho), but funny/whitty. i say kudos to that one thats what happens when you spend time on a sig like that

Your non animated ones are better because the animated ones are just too basic. They are just adding what's already been animated. Now, making your own animation is something else.

Think that the whole street-fighter style graphics haven't got alot going for them - i like the backgrounds, but the animated one isn't your best.

Cool. Thanks for the comments guys... I'd like to see what many of you can do....with Sprites...

More Sprites:

STILLS:

Enjoy...

Quote Originally Posted by phantamines View Post
    um, they are huge, in both kb and physical size (wait, and a digital picture has a "physical size"?... nevermind..). #1 has a good color scheme, and the animation is clean. #2 is a bit more simple, it would work best as a much smaller sig (and whats with the bars on the right?). #3, colors clash too much, it just doesnt work. the second animated one, it just is a sprite put in front of a brushed bg, nothing at all special (the animation isnt the best on that one also). the last non-animated 2 sig are again nothing at all special, this time the sprite isnt animated. the last sig is by far the best of all of them. the colors are good (find a better stock tho, yours is blurry. but that could be because its animated also), placement is well done, and the animation is not only clean (she snaps back a tad bit fast for my liking tho), but funny/whitty. i say kudos to that one thats what happens when you spend time on a sig like that
    ^Your critique is ok... luckily, that's your opinion... thanks nonetheles...

Quote Originally Posted by AcidGlow View Post
    Your non animated ones are better because the animated ones are just too basic. They are just adding what's already been animated. Now, making your own animation is something else.
    ^*...looks at his AG's sig.....*. Heh, ehh LOL! Like your sig? Yeah.. that's a bit basic as well. Thanks for your comment, nonetheless....
    Last edited by gfx-v.PMI; 10-06-2006 at 12:49 PM.

Uhm, you're sorta pretty good with sigs. Why don't you try bigger art?

And btw, sprite sigs are THE SINGLE WORST trend ever. Worse than tech. I mean it.

Xtremerunnerars don't bash tech, tech is a great trend if used in the right way. Of course that's every strend and every style out there. But tech actually has a place and to say it's bad just means you don't know how to use it in the right way.

While I'll admit sprites aren't the most trendious things you'll find that have their own appeal, and their own style. The biggest issue is sprites don't normally go into a bg. They are just stuck on. So you'll find most people that only stick with the idea of blending images say they suck.

There are good uses for both, blending is just the most common and most people are bent on it.

You've done well with sprites but I would base all your work on it. Also this forum is for your progression of work and help on them. Not a gallery. Pleas just post 1 type of sig for every post and not bring it back unless you need more help.

Quote Originally Posted by gfx-v.PMI View Post
    Cool. Thanks for the comments guys... I'd like to see what many of you can do....with Sprites...
    You respond as if you think your sprite sigs are the best around and you don't like people's responses. They are ok but not as good as I've seen from other people. There's one guy on GameRenders that made amazing sprite sigs, and these were stills not animations. So, if you don't like people's responses, then don't post your work. Not everyone will like them.

Quote Originally Posted by gfx-v.PMI View Post

^*...looks at his AG's sig.....*. Heh, ehh LOL! Like your sig? Yeah.. that's a bit basic as well. Thanks for your comment, nonetheless....
    Oh, now animation is one thing. Would you like to duplicate my 2 custom made animations? I don't paste animated gifs on my sigs buddy. I MAKE my own animation stories with a sprite sheet or sets of single files that I rip myself. You won't find my animations on google and sprite sites because they are not rips of games as they play. They are "custom made" but, since you are the basic one here at animation, you probably don't know the difference.
    But oh well, I've proven to many people that I don't do basic animations like yours.

And for starters, here
    http://www.spriteaholic.com/sprites....ia%203/Alucard

That is all I used to make my current animation. It's just a sheet and the entire animation was custom made. Can you comprehend that or is everyone that doesn't like your work a "noob" stlil?
    heh.