> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Thread: Getting better

Default Getting better

As you can see im getting better with these here sigs.

I did this one, as well as the one im using now

Nice, I really like it, though it's not something normally done with a sig. The glass effect that your are using ismore of a logo for webdesigns. Though it works fine since a sig can be anything you want :P. Everything looks awsome in the new one except for 2 things.

You bevel and your text at the bottom. If you just get rid of those to things it's good as gold.

You might try and make the glass white layer a little lighter.

Oh yeah sorry I forgot if you get rid of the bevel you need a border. Since your's would look good with out a 1 pxl border try making a thick border about 3 pxls and the right and bottom side a light white and the top and left a light dark since I do like the effect of you bevel on the 2nd a bit.

Nice work like it as I said the current one doesn't even compare to it lol.

The text 'porcelein' (spelled wrong by the way, unless it's referring to something else and it probably is) is weak, it's out of place and it's just there. The border type thing that looks like a bevel isn't very good either, go for something simpler there. Also, that shiny top part is distracting and should be lowered in opacity or rid of entirely, and that border I mentioned clashes with it. Looks like something from a tutorial, and even if it wasn't, it's really lacking in originality because of that. Then the stuff at the left side, it's just stuff, it doesn't seem to have purpose or anything, it's hard to even call it abstract when I can't even get a clear image of it. Keeping working, preferably on this one and improve it (i.e. it's better to work on one sig for 10 hours even than do 20 sigs in 30 min each. I'm not criticizing you of that, just something to keep in mind). At least your improvements are noticeable though, that's encouragement enough.

1) None of the text is bevelled.
    2) None of the lighting works if the glass layer isn't there.
    3) Agreed on the porcelein bit.
    4) The Bevell was necessary to create a glaze, otherwise it'd just look flat and matte. Which isn't what I was going for.
    5) But thanks for the input! I'll bear it in mind next time I do one.

1) None of the text is bevelled.
    I didn't think your text was beveled, it's your whold sig border.

2) None of the lighting works if the glass layer isn't there.
    I just think you should lighten it up.

4) The Bevell was necessary to create a glaze, otherwise it'd just look flat and matte. Which isn't what I was going for.
    Oh yeah sorry I forgot if you get rid of the bevel you need a border. Since your's would look good with out a 1 pxl border try making a thick border about 3 pxls and the right and bottom side a light white and the top and left a light dark since I do like the effect of you bevel on the 2nd a bit.
    :P gotta quote myself on that one.