> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In Progress

ok well i think you overdid the effects on this one. its very well done but theres too many "speckles" on the sig. i suggest adding a gradient to make the center a better focal point because the sig seems all over the place.

also, i think you should either get rid of the text or make it less lengthy (you already said you would move it so i wont comment on that).

i think the cinematic boder is a just little too big

overall theres a a little too much of everything but great job

9/10 (v2 is better)
    Last edited by Xander; 09-30-2006 at 08:05 PM.

I created a gradient to give more of a light source. Make the light seem to come from the top and bottom darker.

It was also suggested I should use photo filters on this. I didn't quite get that. Isn't that just PS's filters? or actually something else lol.

Image > Adjustments > Photo Filter...

I've never used them myself, but I suppose they could be of benefit to you.

Thanks, I don't really see what it does as spacifically. It just seems like it's a layer over you current image that is set to a color and lowered opacity on soft light.

Oh Jsoosiah I was trying to figure out a better place for my text but the right side just didn't seem to work. The right side looked good for placement but with the contrast of dark to light in the bg you can only see part of the actual text. I was try to lighten and darken the area but to me that really ruins it since the sword to me is a dramatic part in this sig.

As xander60 stated it was to long what do you think would look better just Shameless? Or my nick? or just leave as is.

I prefer you latest update the most. Overall I really like the sig but i think a little needs to be done to draw attention to the render, I think you've blended it too well with the bg, maybe desaturate the bg but not as much as you've done previously.
    This is me.

Is there any way for you to move the stock over a little to the right? I suggested moving the text to the right side to offset the lack of balance, right now there's quite a bit of weight on the left. Moving the stock over would help that, but if it's too hard to do (depending on how you constructed this sig) then it shouldn't be bothered with. See how the text looks without that lower subtext, and move 'Toshiyan' down so it's closer to 'shameless' but still readable. I'm not sure how that'll look though, just something to consider.

While I do merge most of my layers and apply image, I love photomanipulations so I can get it to move a bit :P.

Maybe I moved to much?

I think that's fine, but more importantly it lets me realize the actual problem that the text stands out far too much. I recall you said you didn't want the stock to stand out as much as usual, so everything's saturated, but the text that's all white. That's where the lack of balance is really coming from, so if you fix that the stock's placement shouldn't matter as much. Try having 'shameless' a red/orangeish color, pick one right off of the sig if you need to. I think 'Toshiyan' is small enough so that it doesn't matter as much, but maybe if you made it yellow (I'm looking at the shiniest parts of the dude's armor for this color) and then 'shameless' some color of the explosion like thing for lack of better words. Again, just a thought, experiment with the text as it's the only thing that's lacking at this point.

:P At first I did have shameless an orange. This version I just posted is the only one with it white. My current has shameless a bit orange.

I will make it stronger though cause I think this will blend it in much better.

If render placement wont matter as much now I like it as befor. I like the render centered since it's already hard to see the render having it center is a clue to find it.

So my biggest thing is I should leave out Honor Lasts Forever?

Last edited by Nightfire; 10-01-2006 at 11:00 PM.

I think it looked best with the chinese/japanese text