» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: North Korea

Default North Korea

What does everything is going to come of all this North Korea Bull**** ?

seriously everything on the news is bullshit..m why did america and england invade iraw and shit.. they knew there were no weapons on mass destruction, it isn't for oil .. it's just so bush and blair do good in their campaigns to be prime minister or president..
    deaz\dxloa\dxedr

North Korea seems to just be messing with us and other countries. Though I don't know much since I haven't kept up with it. Though I believe they will most likely be a bothersome country a few years from now.

oh please, there were WMD in Iraq right up until we invaded in 2003.

About North Korea: They might not be much of a threat to the U.S now, but still dangerous for them to have nuclear capabilities as it might push other Asian nations to do the same, kind of like a mini Cold War sort of thing

Yea an arms race. Japan may arm themselves since they've had the tech and resources to do so for a long long time,, and South Korea may arm themselves, and China will build more. Just silly stuff.

They're saying that test was a dud since the explosion was miniscule.
    But a major problem now is that once they have a working weapon, North Korea could sell the nuclear capable weapons to other nations (Iran), in return for food, resources, w/e.
    It's MORPHIN' time!
    github
    deviantART
    Last.FM
    carrotderek

Sounds like World War II with the arms race *runs round in cirlces*

1) it's a power play by north korea, to be recognized as a serious power. They see the respect that nations like India, Pakistan, and Isreal have gotten by becoming nuclear powers and North Korea wants a peice of it. After becoming nuclear powers those other nations gained much more economical strength.

2) Iraq is a completely seperate issue from North Korea. Don't try and put them in the same group, they arent' even close.

3) North Korea is really the only Asian country with the ability to create nuclear weapons. Excluding the ones which are already armed.

4) As was mentioned already, the most realistic threat is from North Korea selling or even losing their nuclear weapons. If a working nuclear device were to get into the hands of a terror group, or seriously destabalized country like ... anywhere in africa... it would mean a realistic chance that we would actually have a nuclear attack (on any country, not just america). And a nuclear attack effects the world.

I've been absorbed in something else now, and lost my train of thought. hope that all made sense.
    Resident father figure.

That made sense!

I think that north korea will never stop it's bullshit, unless it's invaded. The only way to end Kim Jong Ill's shit is to invade north korea. =/

Quote Originally Posted by bigfatguy View Post
    That made sense!

I think that north korea will never stop it's bullshit, unless it's invaded. The only way to end Kim Jong Ill's shit is to invade north korea. =/
    gung-ho approaches ftw! but not really.
    i don't know what to think of north korea at the moment. i just wonder why they bother; maybe to gain respect? like everyone else has nuclear capabilities and now we do? penis-envy type thing. or they could be plotting an invasion. who knows.
    and btw its kim jong li, not ill bfg

Invasion apparently solves alot of problems. Look at Iraq... :/

Sure its one less despot in the world, but its also a country in chaos. I'm sure China and Russia won't like having a couple million of refugees knocking at their borders either. Plus trying to invade North Korea will be difficult as they have one of the largest standing armies in the world (ill-equiped but overwhelming), and it will likely cause tensions diplomatically with China.

I think that North Korea needed nuclear capabilities to use as international blackmail. Kim Jong Il is not going to invade anyone, he's not suicidal. He wants his regime to last.
    It's MORPHIN' time!
    github
    deviantART
    Last.FM
    carrotderek