» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arctic Monkeys

Default Arctic Monkeys

one of the biggest bands in britain, yet unheard of in the states i beleive...

http://arcticmonkeys.com/video.html

When the Sun goes down, and The view from the afternoon are wicked songs on there

Check em out. Dunno if people in america listen to that sorta music ? ? ? I know of no one that dislikes them ...

Leave before the lights come on is THE best
    Who hasn't heard of the monkeys?

You are correct there mate! I've seen them live on LowLands a rock festival here in Holland. It was great. You should have been there!
    I like most of the songs, especially Mardybum, Fake tales of San Francisco.

Arctic Monkeys are wicked. They do get some airplay here, but very little. w/e Fake Tales and A Certain Romance are one of my favorite songs by them.
    It's MORPHIN' time!
    github
    deviantART
    Last.FM
    carrotderek

rofrofol... when i saw the topic title i immediately knew it'd be dale.. ^__^ hehe.. i remember when everyone used to like proper go crazy for them.. which like most band fads that died out almost a few weeks later.. i hate people...

but meh it ruined it for me all the hype.. but i guess they're ok i wouldn't listen to them unless like i could be botherd too or if i was in that kind of mood to..
    deaz\dxloa\dxedr

omg i adore them... *in texas* i got there CD about a year or so back.... i forget when exactally...

"prehaps vampires is a bit strong but..." is my all time favorite song by them... that and when the sun goes down.
    Last edited by ROTD; 10-19-2006 at 05:08 PM.

Best brit band in the past five years, in my opinion. When The Sun Goes Down, You Probably Couldn't See For The Lights But You Were Staring Straight At Me, and Leave Before The Lights Come On are my favorites. I missed them by two days during the summer, they were going to be in San Diego when I was in Orange County, and LA when I was in San Diego. I really wanted to go to one of their shows, too.

i like "From the Ritz to the Rubble"... best song ever. i heard about them about 6-ish months ago

"but meh it ruined it for me all the hype"

fo' sho'

Though they are good, i don't really like them, and that kinda exaggerates it.

There wasn't any hype where I live. No one really knows (or cares,) about the Arctic Monkeys. It's still the traditional Nickleback, the Fray, and Hinder that dominate the hype and shaking power up here. So I never heard of them until they released the first CD, and then Franz Ferdinand was the only popular band people could compare them to state side.